GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Gotta hand it to Tampa, they make shrewd moves when the team needs a locker room change/retool.
Yeah they aren't afraid to shake it up.

It's the one thing the Avs have been terrible at. They are too loyal in my opinion, it's a business. We are so hesitant cut ties and re-tool. A guy like Girard is a perfect example. Girard is an ok dman making too much money. He isn't paramount in us winning or losing hockey games. But for some reason we absolutely refuse to move him. Sergachev is much better player than G and they took the chance now the are getting Guentzel. May work, may not, but they were willing to move a long tenured player to change it up.

5M would go a long way towards a nice change up. You could also move Colton now all of a sudden you have 9M to retool the lineup. Quite frankly this team needs a little change.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Taking stamkos, jeannot and serg contracts off their books will do that
He probably won't do that but BriseBois should let 34 yo Hedman walk next year, too.

Don't re-up your old players for big money if you want to stretch your window. In fact trading him this summer for a package similar to what they got for Sergachev would have been the best thing. Talk about re-tooling on the fly....Point, Vasi and Kucherov have enough left in the tank to build around for round 2.

Reactions: lionsDen

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Yeah they aren't afraid to shake it up.

It's the one thing the Avs have been terrible at. They are too loyal in my opinion, it's a business. We are so hesitant cut ties and re-tool. A guy like Girard is a perfect example. Girard is an ok dman making too much money. He isn't paramount in us winning or losing hockey games. But for some reason we absolutely refuse to move him. Sergachev is much better player than G and they took the chance now the are getting Guentzel. May work, may not, but they were willing to move a long tenured player to change it up.

5M would go a long way towards a nice change up. You could also move Colton now all of a sudden you have 9M to retool the lineup. Quite frankly this team needs a little change.
Toews Girard and Landeskog should be traded. Rantanen offered a flat 10 millions or he's out the door too. Restock the cubbard. Sign some ufas to plug the holes and wait for Mittelstadt and Ritchie to develop into stars.

If MacK complains he can hit waivers tomorrow.

I don't see any nmc on Makar's deal so he can fcuk right off too. The only untouchable should be Wood.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Toews Girard and Landeskog should be traded. Rantanen offered a flat 10 millions or he's out the door too. Restock the cubbard. Sign some ufas to plug the holes and wait for Mittelstadt and Ritchie to develop into stars.

If MacK complains he can hit waivers tomorrow.

I don't see any nmc on Makar's deal so he can fcuk right off too. The only untouchable should be Wood.
Lol. I mean I suggested a couple of upper mid guys as candidates to move. For a slight re-tool. The core guys clearly shouldn't be moved, unless someone wants to drastically overpay for Rantanen.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
When I look at Caprfriendly and I see the space under the cap that Nashville, Dallas and Utah have I am afraid for my Avs that making the playoffs will be difficult. Our stanley cup window is permanently closed, at less than a Macfarland burst cost.
Name rhymes with "chet", checks out

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad