P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Sure, not on every team, but on some, if not many, but most importantly, he is/was on ours.
You just can't have guys like Kaberle or Gorges make more, you can't.

OK, what do you think he should be paid then? Give me a number / term.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
i like the kulikov comparison.it makes me laugh.wait til we lose a few and go 0 for on the powerplay.people are gonna change they reminds real quick. i wonder why the canes gave skinner big coin and the oil gave hall the same??the days of top players makin average bucks in they re first 5 years are long gone .if you re that good you cash in huge after you re entry level contract.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
He's the one who did not show up to camp. That was his choice.

he cant really show up without a contract

jesus christ why are people so eager to **** on our own players?
why do you act like he's the first one to ever do this?

Paul Kariya, a fan favourite throughout his career would hold out almost every contract.
Marian Gaborik held out
Drew Doughty held out, remember that?

a certain politician and all time favorite hab, hall of famer and legend named ken dryden held out FOR A YEAR

i'm annoyed as hell thats he's no signed yet, but unless we see what the habs are offering him, i cant blame him
for all we know they're giving him a 5M$/2yr deal....

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
3 times fighting with teamates during practice, getting benched by the coach twice for attitude issues? Gill having to put him in his place all the time. He had nothing to do with this?

Lolololol at the Gill thing.

It's kind of funny that when listing examples, if someone lists two, it just feels like their lack of evidence was exposed. They have to find that third thing. Once they have three things, they can say something like "would you like me to go on," even if there's nothing to go on to.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Wow the Subban haters have the worst arguments.

If you are referring to me, you are wrong. I like Subban very much and I think he has a huge potential. I said this many times. I think he lacks maturity and is not deserving of a long-term 6 mil+ contract at this stage.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Subban is part of the core of the Habs along with Price and Patches.

Give him the money and term. Is this a risk? Maybe. But he is worth it.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Subban is part of the core of the Habs along with Price and Patches.

Give him the money and term. Is this a risk? Maybe. But he is worth it.

I would agree with Patches term/money. Price term/money is too high for Subban at this stage. After a bridge contract he can go up to Price money.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
I would agree with Patches term/money. Price term/money is too high for Subban at this stage. After a bridge contract he can go up to Price money.

**** bridge contracts. He is a fan favourite who was the Habs #1 D-Man. Even with Markov back, Subban is basically d-man 1b now.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
3 times fighting with teamates during practice, getting benched by the coach twice for attitude issues? Gill having to put him in his place all the time. He had nothing to do with this?

Koivu has had fights during practice with the habs, the 80's teams had boistrous players always going at each other, ffs there are rumors that they were screwing one anothers wives, they had attitude and drinking problems and partying problems and got under peoples skins including their team.

Lafleur had attitude problems
Carbo was a *****
Roy was a dick
Chelios WAS SUBBAN....is no one seeing this? Young D, full of talent, getting under everybody's skin including his own team, and now in hindsight, you know it was one of the biggest mistakes montreal ever made when they traded him away cause of his attitude.

And when Gill got traded to Nashville, he had nothing but good things to say about him, same as darche.

you guys want a team without subban so much go cheer for another team.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
**** bridge contracts.

I think Meehan (yes, the source is obviously biased) made a good point in terms of bridge contracts. They aren't the standard anymore. Karlsson, Doughty, Kane, Eberle, Hall & Skinner are all examples of great young players cashing in after their ELC.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure that Subban is in that category of elite, but he's not far off. Quite worth the 'gamble' of signing him long term on a fairly rich contract.

Sometimes I think people forget that he's 22, and arguably our #1 d-man, pending a healthy Markov.

His stats and microstats are pretty impressive, especially considering his age.

If Subban is really holding on for a longer term, I really think Bergevin should concede. Bridge contracts are a great tactic for the team if they can be applied, but Subban isn't looking for that right now, and I think he has the stats to deserve that point of view.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
6 years. 5 mil/yr.

I would give him that in a heartbeat.

I mentioned before that this would be fine by me as well. The 6+ numbers being thrown around social media is overpaying IMHO. I know you don't like bridge contracts but if PK wants more than 5 per year he needs to get 60 points seasons under his belt and the best way for him to do this is under a 2 year contract. Again, I'm not hating, just stating my opinion.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
If PK really wants 5+ years, like the rumours are saying, I would rather bring it to 6 or 7 years, and eat up more UFA years.

6 x $5M

Your move PK.

220px-03-BICcristal2008-03-26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad