P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Exactly! It's his choice. :handclap:

Considering the fact that PK opted not to train with the team and his diva mini-superstar attitude over the last 2 years I'm guessing he's being greedy and Bergevin wants none of it.

Now he's a diva??

Was it spending time in Haiti after the earthquake that made him a diva? Or was it starting the charity to help poor families afford hockey equipment that did it? Or was it all the times he visited hospitals to spend time with sick children?

Just trying to nail down when you figure he became a diva.

Hey....are you Michel Bergeron by any chance?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I would if I wanted to get a 600% raise and guarantied salary over 6 years or so!

So you would go to work without getting paid? That's interesting, but illogical. And that's not how it works for players of his caliber. He's not a Darche, he doesn't have to fight for his job. Camp has nothing to do with his contract, or lack thereof.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Now he's a diva??

Was it spending time in Haiti after the earthquake that made him a diva? Or was it starting the charity to help poor families afford hockey equipment that did it? Or was it all the times he visited hospitals to spend time with sick children?

He has his spotlight and show dog moments. There's nothing stopping a diva from being a philanthropist and caring for children. I don;t think his attitude is exemplary though. Do you?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Now he's a diva??

Game. Set. Match. Subban is ****ing awesome.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The comparisons between Kulikov and Subban are false.

Dimitry Kulikov averaged 17:58 ES TOI/G, 2:50 PP TOI/G and 1:02 SH TOI/G last year.
PK Subban averaged 18:11 TOI/G, 3:29 PP TOI/G, and 2:36 SH TOI/G last year.

The main difference in their ice time was on the penalty kill. PK Subban indeed got more ice time than Kulikov, but that's because of his elite shutdown skills, not because he is given more offensive opportunities.

Moreover, in 5on5 play, Subban had a Corsi QoC of +0.903 (incredibly high) and only began 46.3% of his shifts in the offensive zone, whereas he ended 50% of his shifts there. Kulikov, meanwhile, had relatively babied minutes, with a Corsi QoC of +0.103, beginning 45.9% of his starts in the offensive zone and ending 47.0% of his shifts there.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
He has his spotlight and show dog moments. There's nothing stopping a diva from being a philanthropist and caring for children. I don;t think his attitude is exemplary though. Do you?

Yes, his charity work and general demeanor off ice has been quite exemplary. He carries himself well, interacts with fans, speaks intelligently and doesn't break any off ice rules.

Why do you call him a diva exactly? Do you know him? Does he request all the red m&m's removed from the candy bowl at the Molson Centre?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I can't stand the people who want hockey players to be boring.

What is the matter with you? Do you think "I want to give 110%" is more interesting than volounteering in Haiti?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Yes, his charity work and general demeanor off ice has been quite exemplary.

Why do you call him a diva exactly? Do you know him? Does he request all the red m&m's removed from the candy bowl at the Molson Centre?

It's his on ice behaviour I have issues with.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I can't stand the people who want hockey players to be boring.

What is the matter with you? Do you think "I want to give 110%" is more interesting than volounteering in Haiti?

Fine, you are right. His aptitude is exemplary on and off the ice. Every player that says otherwise from any other team is wrong. Any non-player that think he's showboating is also wrong.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
It's his on ice behaviour I have issues with.

Is it his incredible microstats that you have issues with? His really strong strength of opposition, combined with low offensive zone starts? Is it his remarkable +- on a really bad team? Is it his insane amount of ice time, facing #1 lines on ES, playing a ton of PP and PK (doing great on both assignments) that you have an issue with? Is it his decent production for a 22 year old on the worst team in the East that bugs you?

I'm still wondering where this diva comment comes from. Seems to me you are creating straw man arguments, trying to denigrate him without having much substance.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
That's the CBA. Ultimately his take home will be 600% higher and its a very nice raise.

Yes, that is the CBA. Talented players make much, much less than market value during their first 3 years as pros, and then their salaries jump in their second contracts. Using numbers like "600%" for shock value is disingenuous.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Fine, you are right. His aptitude is exemplary on and off the ice. Every player that says otherwise from any other team is wrong. Any non-player that think he's showboating is also wrong.

Oh Christ.

What did he do to them? Taunt them, call them names? Celebrate and rub their noses in it?

Well, that's certainly very serious: we need to talk about what this "boy" is doing to "our" game.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Showboating?

Just wondering, did you smile when Eric Cole gave a high-five to the ref after scoring his natural hat-trick, or did you think he was showboating and "out of his place" ??

And yes his attitude is exemplary. He keeps in excellent shape and he volounteers. I have no complaints.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's not a #1D on every team in the league. Period. Look at the master list I sent previously. PK right now would be an outlier at anything more than 4.5-5.0 a year.

Sure, not on every team, but on some, if not many, but most importantly, he is/was on ours.
You just can't have guys like Kaberle or Gorges make more, you can't.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Showboating?

Just wondering, did you smile when Eric Cole gave a high-five to the ref after scoring his natural hat-trick, or did you think he was showboating and "out of his place" ??

And yes his attitude is exemplary. He keeps in excellent shape and he volounteers. I have no complaints.

OK, I'll drop the attitude issue. What do you think hes worth then, realistically. Many of you seem to argue with me but I would like to know the max you would pay him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad