Claimed off Waivers: P.A. Parenteau (claimed by NJ)

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Id wouldnt classify be saddled with Bozak and Matthias as "top offensive minutes". Was Leafs best 5x5 producer. 4 less points that Kadri (2nd on Leafs in overall scoring). 20 goals is his career average too

He was #1 among Leafs forwards for PP time with 201:54, and at even-strength he had 39.7% offensive zone starts vs 29.3% defensive zone starts (second highest offensive zone starts on the team for a forward that played 25+ games).

His minutes were top-offensive minutes, most PP time + the second most lopsided zone starts on the team at even-strength. Regardless of who his linemates were (there weren't many good options), he was still getting offensive minutes.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...amid=28&type=individual&sort=toi&sortdir=DESC

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Solid player. I'd certainly welcome him back. Head scratching move from Snow here. Every team could use that vet you can put on lines 1-3 and who can pot 20. On a cheap one year contract no less.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver, Columbus, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Arizona in that order would have the first shot at him.

Hard to think he gets past Arizona at the latest.
Duclair, Doan, Vrbata and some grinder combo of White/Fischer/Samuelsson on the right side. Islanders have a much greater need for PA and they cut him. PA's not coming to AZ.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
His attitude is not the best and to get his famous 20 goals he needs all the PP and some more offensive minutes. If you put him on the third line and 2nd wave your just getting a soft player who feels he should be playing more and brings a bad vibe to the team.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I was surprised when nobody asked for him at the deadline and I'm surprised now. Would have been great if we had the chance to keep him over Michalek, Greening and the other vet flotsam.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I was surprised when nobody asked for him at the deadline and I'm surprised now. He was nothing but a solid NHL player that you can slot in the middle of your lineup while in Toronto.

Islanders wanted him, but the Leafs asked for too much.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Islanders wanted him, but the Leafs asked for too much.

Which is fine.

Lou held his ground, if he kneeled for every GM nobody would take him seriously. We still shipped off Polak, Winnik, Matthias for all good returns.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Solid player. I'd certainly welcome him back. Head scratching move from Snow here. Every team could use that vet you can put on lines 1-3 and who can pot 20. On a cheap one year contract no less.

The cheap one year contract was designed because Snow felt that our four bluechip 1st rounders (Barzal, Beau, Ho-Sang, Dal Colle) could use another full year of development before making the big club. From the second PAP was signed, almost every Islander fan saw this as a stopgap as opposed to any sort of long-term solution.

PAP disappointed in training camp while Barzal, Beau, and Ho-Sang flourished. Would you hold onto the vet who can pot 20 on a cheap one year contract if it meant holding back say Marner or Nylander, knowing they were ready for NHL icetime?

Snow likely burned a bridge with PAP but it's not a head-scratching move when you consider how many Islander forwards are locked into roster spots. JT, Ladd, Nelson, Strome, Bailey, Lee, Clutterbuck, Cizikas, Chimera, Kulemin take up 10 out of a possible 13 roster spots, then you add in Quine & Prince, then you add in Barzal, Beau, Ho-Sang. Oh, and don't forget "scratched for 72 games outta 82" Eric Boulton as well. We'd also like to carry 3 goalies and 7 defensemen if possible.

You gotta prioritize the kids and figure out the most expendable roster forward.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
His attitude is not the best and to get his famous 20 goals he needs all the PP and some more offensive minutes. If you put him on the third line and 2nd wave your just getting a soft player who feels he should be playing more and brings a bad vibe to the team.

You have any more hard core evidence to support that claim?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I remember when this guy was worth a 1st round pick.. it was just last season :sarcasm:. How the mighty have fallen.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
You have any more hard core evidence to support that claim?

Well he is not the hardest worker , he even admitted in an interview it was partly his fault if it did not work in Mtl. Roy and Therrien did not seem to like him at all. It seems every team he played for has soured on him at some point. Just the fact he could not get traded at the deadline and the contract he signed shows nobody in the league thinks highly of him. From what I saw and heard im guessing his compete level is the main problem because he does have talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad