Claimed off Waivers: P.A. Parenteau (claimed by NJ)

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
All of the best playoff teams roll a top 9. For example (not directed at you Jaeg, obviously you know all about it), Phil Kessel wrecks people from the third line.

This. The days of the third line being a checking line are over. Teams need three scoring lines to succeed in this league.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
As Chris Botta knows, you don't mess with Snow.

PAP walked on Snow after Snow made him worthy of a big-time deal with Colorado. Snow played the long game, signed him and dumped him. :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Snow setting himself up to be fired if this backfires. I guess you cannot blame him on Nielsen, but letting Okposo and now Parenteau walk...if this team ends up missing the playoffs due to offense I would not be surprised if he's out.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I think the Leafs inflated his numbers via solid PP minutes and playing time. They were looking to flip him for an asset at the trade deadline. I think his numbers will suffer if he plays average minutes

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I think the Leafs inflated his numbers via solid PP minutes and playing time. They were looking to flip him for an asset at the trade deadline. I think his numbers will suffer if he plays average minutes

His primary points/60 were the lowest they'd been in five years on the Leafs. I think he'll have a similar impact to what Lee Stempniak did for us last year.

He might even be better. In four of the last five years he has produced primary assists at a first line level, which is huge for us considering we were so lacking in playmaking ability last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad