HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tkachuk will be in the HoF at some point. But hardware, be individual or team, will always put you in front of the line. KT main issue is other than raw stats he doesn't have much, 2 All-Star selection (2nd team) and that's pretty much it, so it's going to take time.
Not many players have multiple 40 and 50 goal seasons, not too mention the ability to play a tough brand.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The crazy thing for me is how some players get in and some don't where it seems like there is no proper gaging method.
Always always a point of contention with so many.............arguments can be made for many who are in the hall, and many who are not.
Would be curious to know, the criteria? Probably a floating premise.....and a political one....in some cases.

That is nasty. Seems unlikely there is no damage.
Oh wow...............poor Lekky. You could tell the Dman did not mean for that to happen.......brutal collision and result.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Always always a point of contention with so many.............arguments can be made for many who are in the hall, and many who are not.
Would be curious to know, the criteria? Probably a floating premise.....and a political one....in some cases.

Oh wow...............poor Lekky. You could tell the Dman did not mean for that to happen.......brutal collision and result.
I liked Pierre Turgeon alot but is he more worthy than Keith Tkachuk?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No, there's more to it than just that

'Anybody' lucky enough can be a champion (carried by superstars sure)

But NOT 'anybody' can be a Hall of Famer

It's ludicrous Tkachuk is not a HoFer, and there is NO doubt Price should be one too
Price will be it’s a first ballot HOFer once he’s eligible - he dominated as MVP G at every level.. including every championship except the Cup

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Probably should never have been a criteria. Why penalize a player for a GM's incompetence. And then Price who was the best goaltender in the league for much of his career wouldn't make the Hall of Fame.
Team stats should not be a consideration for a player. The same way that goalies should not be attributed wins and losses — there are so many other stats they can use.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How the hell are the leafs going to pay Nylander lol he is electric they won't be able to lowball this guy when Nostrils and Mitchy are getting so much

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Woll, LOL.

Is their Lagesson our former Lagesson, AKA the guy who wasn't even good enough to play a regular shift with the 21-22 Canadiens team even after Ben Chiarot and Brett Kulak were traded?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Agreed. If you retire Price then who else? Markov? Koivu? If you didn't win a cup...your number isn't retired.
yeah its pretty simple ,you need to win unfortunately for him, and I say that while thinking that Price was a more talented hockey player at his position compared to his peers than even some of the guys we have up in the rafters

Woll, LOL.

Is their Lagesson our former Lagesson, AKA the guy who wasn't even good enough to play a regular shift with the 21-22 Canadiens team even after Ben Chiarot and Brett Kulak were traded?
yes he's ours , he's actually been decent for Toronto so far since being in the lineup.

Oof Calgary is so bad the leafs might have a freebie tonight

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
How the hell are the leafs going to pay Nylander lol he is electric they won't be able to lowball this guy when Nostrils and Mitchy are getting so much
No exactly, that's why this is the final year of the big 4
They peaked years ago, and this moment was always coming BUT, they literally thought they'd win a cup or 2 :laugh: before this moment came

Now Tavares is going to cost the Leafs 1 of Marner or Nylander
And it's amazing lol

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No exactly, that's why this is the final year of the big 4
They peaked years ago, and this moment was always coming BUT, they literally thought they'd win a cup or 2 :laugh: before this moment came

Now Tavares is going to cost the Leafs 1 of Marner or Nylander
And it's amazing lol
Honestly I thought it was a good gamble. But then they immediately gave everyone a huge raise... And Tavares' injury was killer too. He's never been the same player.

Anyways, good times!

Reactions: Redux91

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I disagree. Winning is harder than ever.
You can't rate a player whether they win or not - McDavid should show you that not 1 player can do it himself.
Don't toss bad drafting and crappy GM's on Price's shoulders.
He deserves it for carrying this team on his back for a decade imo -

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Tavares is one of the most overrated players of recent times, but here's an attempt at a trade:

Tavares
1st

For

Price
Dvorak

Reactions: Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Should the Habs' retire Price's jersey?
Yes.

There will be many future superstars who aren't going to win cups. It's the nature of a 30+ team league. He was among the absolute best players in the game and brought a crap team to the finals.

The only mandatory qualification for jersey retirement should be a HOF induction. That's the minimum - a HOFer doesn't automatically get retired - and if you don't have that you don't have a chance.

Look at McDavid and Drai. They put up Gretzky/Lemieux numbers and still couldn't win. Price did everything he could possibly do to get us a cup but he didn't have the team either...

A cup can definitely enhance a resume. Esp if the player played clutch hockey. But a player who was incredible - including in the playoffs - shouldn't have his resume hurt by not having a cup.

I can't believe we may see McDrai leave Edmonton cupless. I hope it doesn't happen because I think it spells the end of another Canadian franchise.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tavares is one of the most overrated players of recent times, but here's an attempt at a trade:

Tavares
1st

For

Price
Dvorak
Nope. Don't want to help the Leafs. Besides, Tavares would boost us in the standings and we should be building organically.

And I'm pretty sure he has a NTC. He won't come here anyway.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Nylander is the Leaf's best player by a country mile and always scores against the habs.It's wunnerful that they will have to either trade him or sign him to a similar contract to Matthews and get rid of another good forward or two or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad