HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Didn’t we lose KK and Danault in the same Summer? What a way to destroy the centre depth chart lol
I’m not sure what’s worse, losing Danault and KK and replacing them with Dvorak or losing your entire left side of your d corp (markov, emelin, beaulieu) and replacing them with Alzner, schlemko and streit. Haha, this guy has had some of the worst off seasons ever. I don’t understand how he’s employed.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Or maybe not. We'll see.
Yup - too early to jump the gun. Canes are giving up way too many goals & what happens when the injured players from top-6 return to lineup & KK inevitably gets pushed down to 3C? Will be interesting to watch play out

Reactions: Kimota

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yup - too early to jump the gun. Canes are giving up way too many goals & what happens when the injured players from top-6 return to lineup & KK inevitably gets pushed down to 3C? Will be interesting to watch play out
No, he’s been 2C since last season

Reactions: DAChampion

tnq

Feb 16, 2004

JK was a project. Let's just say you send him in Europe for two more years and then give him 1 years in the AHL and then he graduates in the NHL at 21. Unless you believe he would have been good day 1 in the NHL at 21 with no experience whatsoever then he would be exactly where he is right now at 23 after two years in the NHL. Lack of patience was the problem not rushing him.

Be patient with Slaf. Whatever he was the right choice or not we can't change that now. But we can be patient and wait for him to be 23 before declaring him a bust. I was one of the strongest advocate against drafting JK and weirdly i was one of the strongest advocate for matching the offer. People are not patient enough.
Kk said

JK was a project. Let's just say you send him in Europe for two more years and then give him 1 years in the AHL and then he graduates in the NHL at 21. Unless you believe he would have been good day 1 in the NHL at 21 with no experience whatsoever then he would be exactly where he is right now at 23 after two years in the NHL. Lack of patience was the problem not rushing him.

Be patient with Slaf. Whatever he was the right choice or not we can't change that now. But we can be patient and wait for him to be 23 before declaring him a bust. I was one of the strongest advocate against drafting JK and weirdly i was one of the strongest advocate for matching the offer. People are not patient enough.
Kk said he will leave Montreal as UFA. Imagine with 6M contract, KK will be booed by Montreal fans for sur for every mistake

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's a very good defense with a very good goalie duo all in their prime. Still not sure why people see Boston as weak. It's an average team that should fight for a playoffs spot no trouble.
Well coached team with some star players and lots of hard working blue collar types.

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well coached team with some star players and lots of hard working blue collar types.
It looks a lot like what we had a few years ago when we were making the playoffs. Pasta versus Patch. Weak center line. McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo versus Subban, Price and Petry. Good goalie obviously Price was much better but their goalies are good and Pasta is much better than Patch too. I think people underrate them honestly. They wont be as good as last year and they might miss but they'll fight for it for sure.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It looks a lot like what we had a few years ago when we were making the playoffs. Pasta versus Patch. Weak center line. McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo versus Subban, Price and Petry. Good goalie obviously Price was much better but their goalies are good and Pasta is much better than Patch too. I think people underrate them honestly. They wont be as good as last year and they might miss but they'll fight for it for sure.
I would argue that Boston appears to have a superior organization management wise from top to bottom. They are good at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad