Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Terrible night for McJesus. Just a casual 3 assists. This guy is overrated.

They went to the semis last year and were eliminated by a power house. I think they have a slightly better team this year.
Agreed about them having a better team, as adding Ekholm was huge for them it has solidified their defense. They just need Skinner to give some solid goaltending for a chance in every series. They are dominating Vegas right now outshooting them 34-12 after 2 periods.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
dang, Edmonton with 6 goals, and the third period is still to be played. Draisaitl 47G, Hyman 33G.

really curious to see whether all-offense Edmonton team will translate to playoffs success (probably won't)

They need a miracle.... A perfectly paved path.

They probably have a good shot to get past most teams just with that sheer talent they inherited at the top of the draft. However, when they start matching up against the heavyweights in a best of 7 situation, you begin to realize that the big flaws can no longer be masked.

Case in point, look at last year where they didn't meet a heavyweight until Colorado in the 3rd round. It was no contest.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
dang, Edmonton with 6 goals, and the third period is still to be played. Draisaitl 47G, Hyman 33G.

really curious to see whether all-offense Edmonton team will translate to playoffs success (probably won't)
And Nugent's hopkins with 35 goals and 96 points, closing in on 100.

Oilers should have traded for a goalie. I wonder if Columbus would have taken back Cambell in Gavrikov and Korpisalo deal. Kings gave one 1st. Maybe if the Oilers gave two 1sts and a prospect.

Oilers need to sacrifice more of the future to build up their D and goaltending.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Just listened to the Max Domi interview on 32 thoughts. He's very well spoken. Love his attitude.

Even when he got traded and the fans here were turning on him he always kept a positive attitude.

• Love
Reactions: the and MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Dare I say it’s the Nuge’s team play that has elevated McDavid and Draisaitl this year
Who was the last guy to hit 100 points with over half of them on the PP? The only one I can see is Crosby's 120 point season with 61 PP points and Ovi's 108 point year where he had 52 pp points. Those were in the first few post-lockout years where the number of PPs were insane. I think Kovalchuk's 05-06 98 point season is the only comparable to RNH's campaign this year.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I wish we would have a player like Matthews able to score almost 40 goals (he might reach it actually) while having a bad season.

1680144914999.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad