Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Samsonov is having a baby... well his wife.

He might not sleep well for the next couple of months.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The LA Kings are quite impressive. Fast rebuild
Fast Rebuild?

The kids they drafted aren't whom are driving the team. They traded and signed for older players to do a quick retool after missing the playoffs for years with a few 1st round exits. Not unlike MB way of doing things, no wonder he was hired there.

Danault is going to be their #1 center in about 2 years.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Fast Rebuild?

The kids they drafted aren't whom are driving the team. They traded and signed for older players to do a quick retool after missing the playoffs for years with a few 1st round exits. Not unlike MB way of doing things, no wonder he was hired there.

Danault is going to be their #1 center in about 2 years.
Yeah that team isn't rebuilt at all. it's the same old core with some new UFA pieces. None of their young guys are really panning out. Even Vilardi is only at 40 points despite being top 10 in scoring for the first month of the season. He's essentially had a 20-point season after his hot start. Their youngest key contributor is Fiala who will be 27 in July. They whiffed on a crapload of first rounders in the past five years. Blowing two top five picks on Turcotte/Byfield is going to destroy them. Add Caufield, Seider, Cozens, Zegras, or Boldy from 2019 and Stutzle from 2020 and they have a great core.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah that team isn't rebuilt at all. it's the same old core with some new UFA pieces. None of their young guys are really panning out. Even Vilardi is only at 40 points despite being top 10 in scoring for the first month of the season. He's essentially had a 20-point season after his hot start. Their youngest key contributor is Fiala who will be 27 in July. They whiffed on a crapload of first rounders in the past five years. Blowing two top five picks on Turcotte/Byfield is going to destroy them. Add Caufield, Seider, Cozens, Zegras, or Boldy from 2019 and Stutzle from 2020 and they have a great core.
I expected way more from Turcotte and Byfield.

Reactions: Rapala

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
One has to wonder since Bergevin works there now if Blake shares a similar development strategy of, "its the players responsibility to get better by themselves." They are wasting top 10 picks similarly to how the Habs did under Bergevin; they have also been targeting players that directly impede the progress of said prospects, i.e. Danault. They also have traded their first this year and last (for Fiala) for a team that really has zero chance of competing for the cup.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Alex Turcotte is going into « bust route » big time right now. He is already 22 years old and far to be PPG in the AHL. I had Zegras in front of him at the draft and many poster were disagree with me at that time.
Byfield is only 20 years old. Already PPG in the AHL. I would say, this is clearly too early to tell, if he is going to bust. Fair to say he should never become an elite player. But I think he could become a good 2nd liner. He is a big guy, and sometime, they take a bigger step further on their progression.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Alex Turcotte is going into « bust route » big time right now. He is already 22 years old and far to be PPG in the AHL. I had Zegras in front of him at the draft and many poster were disagree with me at that time.
Byfield is only 20 years old. Already PPG in the AHL. I would say, this is clearly too early to tell, if he is going to bust. Fair to say he should never become an elite player. But I think he could become a good 2nd liner. He is a big guy, and sometime, they take a bigger step further on their progression.
Yeah you are spot on. Byfield is still someone who could pan out. Amazing that Turcotte and Caufield both drafted in 19 with Turcotte much more coveted.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah you are spot on. Byfield is still someone who could pan out. Amazing that Turcotte and Caufield both drafted in 19 with Turcotte much more coveted.
I haven't seen the Kings too often this season but Byfield was a whole heck of a lot more engaged or able to participate in the play than I'd seen from him in the past. Finishing /Playmaking with success can often be the last piece that follows.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I haven't seen the Kings too often this season but Byfield was a whole heck of a lot more engaged or able to participate in the play than I'd seen from him in the past. Finishing /Playmaking with success can often be the last piece that follows.
He can still become a good player. Would love to have MSL working with him.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
One has to wonder since Bergevin works there now if Blake shares a similar development strategy of, "its the players responsibility to get better by themselves." They are wasting top 10 picks similarly to how the Habs did under Bergevin; they have also been targeting players that directly impede the progress of said prospects, i.e. Danault. They also have traded their first this year and last (for Fiala) for a team that really has zero chance of competing for the cup.
A team with a Bergevin mindset to developing and former top picks busting? Sounds like the perfect team to trade with for Gorton/Hughes!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Turcotte had injuries after injuries, dont pat yourself on the back too hard.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
dang, Edmonton with 6 goals, and the third period is still to be played. Draisaitl 47G, Hyman 33G.

really curious to see whether all-offense Edmonton team will translate to playoffs success (probably won't)

Reactions: red devil

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
RNH has 5 points in the game and is now only 1 point behind for a tie for 5th overall in points
Terrible night for McJesus. Just a casual 3 assists. This guy is overrated.

dang, Edmonton with 6 goals, and the third period is still to be played. Draisaitl 47G, Hyman 33G.

really curious to see whether all-offense Edmonton team will translate to playoffs success (probably won't)

They went to the semis last year and were eliminated by a power house. I think they have a slightly better team this year.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Terrible night for McJesus. Just a casual 3 assists. This guy is overrated.

They went to the semis last year and were eliminated by a power house. I think they have a slightly better team this year.
He's also -1, he doesn't play a team game. :sarcasm:

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad