Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Not good news for Makar.

Here's the collision and it isn't event that major of one.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Not good news for Makar.

Here's the collision and it isn't event that major of one.

That's bad news for the guy but also for the game. It looks like bad luck but at some point, the league will have to find a way to protect the superstars, for its own good. Was he really ready to get back in?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bobby Smith is selling is majority part of the ownership of the Halifax Mooseheads
He's a guy I wouldnt mind adding to our front office in some capacity, if he's at all interested. He's been mostly on the business side of things for a while now but he has a good mind for the game and he ran a top notch organization in Halifax for over a decade.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I remember looking at a top 10 scoring list from a random year, and noticing that half of those guys eventually got their careers cut short significantly due to chronic injury.

The reality is that this sport is harsh on the body. Some of it, the league can control, but alot of it is just an inherent risk of playing the game too.

But looking at that top 10 list really made it sink in to me just how delicate a career can be.

I'm not saying makar is going down the same path but this news just triggered that thought.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's a guy I wouldnt mind adding to our front office in some capacity, if he's at all interested. He's been mostly on the business side of things for a while now but he has a good mind for the game and he ran a top notch organization in Halifax for over a decade.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the news

Oryxo

Oct 24, 2007
That's bad news for the guy but also for the game. It looks like bad luck but at some point, the league will have to find a way to protect the superstars, for its own good. Was he really ready to get back in?

Makes you wonder if he would've been playing if the team was comfortably in a playoffs spot...

Reactions: GrandBison

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Washington has lost five straight games and are dropping fast in the Eastern WC race.
As of today, Pittsburhg (.563) and Detroit (.554) are in, Buffalo (.545) and the Islanders (.542) are chasing. It will be interesting to see how NYI will fare without Barzal.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Could see why Devil's wanted Anderson. They soft, easy to play against. Devil's needs some sandpaper. Nice skating team, but hockey is gonna get heavy when the playoffs. I can't see them surviving a series against the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad