Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I really like this deal for the Leafs. Matthews - Tavares - O'Reilly is a heck of a trio down the middle which is what you need to win in the playoffs. Don't overlook Acciari either - that's a smart depth add for the postseason as well. Still hope they lose in the first, just for the lols, but credit Dubas for improving the team and bringing in the type of players that are built for the playoffs. The top 6 wasn't the problem in Toronto, the bottom 6 was and this addresses that nicely.

I also like it for St. Louis, you can't really expect much better than a 1st + 2nd round picks for a rental with an expensive cap hit.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think we see the Leafs turn the corner this year. Ya, ya, I said the same thing last season. :laugh: But I think they’re ready. Matthews practically coasted this season. They are following the Tampa formula of not forcing it during the regular season. They are prime to win something, at least one round.

This move will open up the division now. Other teams will want to upgrade.

TBH, having the Figs win at least one round would be good for hockey in the NHL. Canadian teams sucking for decades is never good.
You're not invited to my birthday party anymore.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Leafs are all in. They have a cond 3rd, 5th & a 6th rd pick left in the upcoming draft. They do have their 2024 1st, Sandin, Knies left to deal if they want a top Defenceman.

• Haha
Reactions: Team_Spirit

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Leafs are all in. They have a cond 3rd, 5th & a 6th rd pick left in the upcoming draft. They do have their 2024 1st, Sandin, Knies left to deal if they want a top Defenceman.

As they should be. There’s a chance Matthews will hit free agency in summer 24. It’s not going to get any better for the Leafs, it’s now or never with this core.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You're not invited to my birthday party anymore.
Bwhahahaha! Love this one.

Seriously, think about this : last time Figs won a series, 2004…Saddam Hussein was still alive, Mark Z. just created The Facebook, and Alex Ovechkin was the number one draft choice. We didn’t have smart phones yet and IPods were a thing! Connor Bedard was in his father’s testicules. And not even actually!

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
O'Rielly has clearly been trending in the wrong direction. Predicting another miss of a trade for the Leafs.

Reactions: Riddick412

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bwhahahaha! Love this one.

Seriously, think about this : last time Figs won a series, 2004…Saddam Hussein was still alive, Mark Z. just created The Facebook, and Alex Ovechkin was the number one draft choice. We didn’t have smart phones yet and IPods were a thing! Connor Bedard was in his father’s testicules. And not even actually!
At some point.................the leafs will punch their ticket to the 2nd round........................I am hoping it's not this year, so we can see their board, melt once again.
Steve Dangle could end up on suicide watch!! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
O'Rielly has clearly been trending in the wrong direction. Predicting another miss of a trade for the Leafs.

Maybe ROR will be rejuvenated by the trade, but it does seem like he is trendibg in the wrong direction like you say.

But it's a role he can fill where he takes the stronger matchups and doesn't have to worry about his stats anymore.

It still kind of feels like a lipstick on a pig scenario though without a major upgrade to the defense.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The Minny angle is just weird in the O’Reilly trade. They bought a fourth (probably late) for half a mil in cap. That’s just bizarre.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
At some point.................the leafs will punch their ticket to the 2nd round........................I am hoping it's not this year, so we can see their board, melt once again.
Steve Dangle could end up on suicide watch!! LOL
If leafs can advance at the expense of the covid cuppers, I'm all for it

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Heck of a trade for the Leafs. I hate to say it.

Depth was a big issue and now they’re solid up the middle.

… gotta face Vasi tho.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
The Minny angle is just weird in the O’Reilly trade. They bought a fourth (probably late) for half a mil in cap. That’s just bizarre.
O'Reilly is making $1 million in real dollars as the rest of his salary was paid in signing bonus. So the Wild are only paying $74,000 in cash for the 4th round pick. The cap is just over half a million but the real dollars isn't that much.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
O'Reilly is making $1 million in real dollars as the rest of his salary was paid in signing bonus. So the Wild are only paying $74,000 in cash for the 4th round pick. The cap is just over half a million but the real dollars isn't that much.

Habs got a 1st for Monahan 6M

So

1st = 6M
2nd = ?? 2M?
3rd = ?? 500k?
4th = 75k

The Habs have 5M of cap space? Let's get those draft picks, 2 2nds would be huge.

Reactions: red devil

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Dubas needed to go all in; his job literally depends on it. Problem is, their goaltending and D don't match up well with TB. Leafs have been playing better team D this year though. That series is going to be a bloodbath. Home ice will decide it imo

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Dubas needed to go all in; his job literally depends on it. Problem is, their goaltending and D don't match up well with TB. Leafs have been playing better team D this year though. That series is going to be a bloodbath. Home ice will decide it imo
They picked a bad year to go all in. The Bruins and Canes look pretty good and I'm sure they'll be looking to upgrade before the deadline also.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They picked a bad year to go all in. The Bruins and Canes look pretty good and I'm sure they'll be looking to upgrade before the deadline also.
Agree with you. The east is the group of death. Boston, Carolina, Rangers, Devils and Leafs are all better than any team in the west imo. Not even taking TB into consideration.
The real stanley cup will be the east's conference final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad