Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah, we actually gave up more draft capital to get Dvorak than we got for letting Kotkaniemi walk. MB is the gift that keeps on giving.
Yes, because of contracts. That 6.1 m offersheet is a big reason why that goofy kid signed that goofy contract.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He got team to Finals though, without going through 5 years of god awful hockey rebuild thingy. Which is near impossible to do.
He had a superstar get us there. One he inherited.

Even worse, he wasted the prime of that superstar’s career and the up and coming team that surrounded him years earlier.

We should’ve won at least one cup and had a legit shot at winning a few. Instead, he turned down guys like Jagr and brought on guys like Douglas Murray.

We made it in spite of our GM, not because of him. He inherited a HOFer and he carried us on his back.

God awful GM.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He had a superstar get us there. One he inherited.

Even worse, he wasted the prime of that superstar’s career and the up and coming team that surrounded him years earlier.

We should’ve won at least one cup and had a legit shot at winning a few. Instead, he turned down guys like Jagr and brought on guys like Douglas Murray.

We made it in spite of our GM, not because of him. He inherited a HOFer and he carried us on his back.

God awful GM.
All Cup teams have superstar. Can't knock him on that. I thought he did good job. You're too harsh. All those other Cup teams were league doormats for 5-10 years. Every one followed same blueprint. Tampa, Colorado,Pittsburgh, Chicago. They seen tons bad hockey for decade to load up on high draft picks to get Cup.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Youd be ripping him to shreds if you actually watched him :laugh:

He's Drouin bad defensively but make it double.

Yeah but, Mathieu Schneider bad defensively? I haven't watched him this year, stats are impressive that's a bad hockey team all around to be fair, a lot of offense for a team with 3 less points than Montreal lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Youd be ripping him to shreds if you actually watched him :laugh:

He's Drouin bad defensively but make it double.

My favourite karlsson highlight is when he accidentally setup Andrei Markov for a one timer who blew it by the Sens goalie.

Dude was and is an absolute stud offensively, but he has some of the great gaffes too.

He's the ultimate high event player in every sense.

Reactions: Rapala and Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
All Cup teams have superstar. Can't knock him on that. I thought he did good job. You're too harsh. All those other Cup teams were league doormats for 5-10 years. Every one followed same blueprint. Tampa, Colorado,Pittsburgh, Chicago. They seen tons bad hockey for decade to load up on high draft picks to get Cup.
Team doesn't get to the final without covid though (it would have stopped in the 1st or 2nd round against TB). Can't argue against that imo. It's not a knock on the players but it can be on the GM. We played in a very weak division that we should not have played in. Also does Toffoli and Perry sign with us without the COVID mini tournament? We were 24th the previous year and the team was trending down. Both Buffalo and NJ was catching up. Not sure Toffoli sign with a bottom 5 team that summer without the COVID tournament. MB was rewarded for terrible management by letting his sorry team get into the playoffs as a 24th seed (something you'll probably never see again) and then 18th seed. You'll never ever see that again a team getting into the playoffs two years in a row by finishing 24th and 18th in the league. I think in both case it's a record in NHL history for the lowest ranked team to get into the playoffs. Previous record was 17th i think (not sure).

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Team doesn't get to the final without covid though (it would have stopped in the 1st or 2nd round against TB). Can't argue against that imo. It's not a knock on the players but it can be on the GM. We played in a very weak division that we should not have played in. Also does Toffoli and Perry sign with us without the COVID mini tournament? We were 24th the previous year and the team was trending down. Both Buffalo and NJ was catching up. Not sure Toffoli sign with a bottom 5 team that summer without the COVID tournament. MB was rewarded for terrible management by letting his sorry team get into the playoffs as a 24th seed (something you'll probably never see again) and then 18th seed. You'll never ever see that again a team getting into the playoffs two years in a row by finishing 24th and 18th in the league. I think in both case it's a record in NHL history for the lowest ranked team to get into the playoffs. Previous record was 17th i think (not sure).
We're not in the Playoffs to begin with that season without Covid. 6-0-3 vs Vancouver and below .500 vs the rest of the teams if I remember correctly.

What that TEAM actually did once in the playoffs was incredible and deserves all recognition and accolades. Ironically enough, they played the best when the Head Coach was MIA, go figure.

Reactions: Habs13

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We're not in the Playoffs to begin with that season without Covid. 6-0-3 vs Vancouver and below .500 vs the rest of the teams if I remember correctly.

What that TEAM actually did once in the playoffs was incredible and deserves all recognition and accolades. Ironically enough, they played the best when the Head Coach was MIA, go figure.
Calgary (.333)
Toronto (.350)
Edmonton (.667)
Ottawa (.500)
Winnipegs (.500)
Vancouver (.833)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
And Mb wasted a 1st and 2nd on that mediocre bum.

Yeah, we actually gave up more draft capital to get Dvorak than we got for letting Kotkaniemi walk. MB is the gift that keeps on giving.

Dvorak also plays on more situations than KK.

Kk mostly plays with Necas and Svechnikov.

Dvorak mostly plays with Anderson and Slafkovsky.

Or Gallagher and Dadonov.

Or Dadonov and Hoffman.

I'm pretty certain if Dvorak played with Svech(3rd on team in points) and Necas (1st on team in points) he would have more points than he does.

Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman, Dadonov and Slafkovsky have less points combined than Svechnikov and Necas.

Reactions: Goalfield13

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The MB defenders just don't get it...............we were a bad hockey team for years, under Bergevin....our results in the standings were beyond awful, all the while he thought he had a good team that could win?
He rode the goalie, and it actually worked when we landed in a Covid Canadian division.
He was a nothing GM without Price....his go to phrase, was......hey if we make da playoff, who knows.
For 10 years, he never once picked a direction the team should go in........
Glad that flawed philosophy is gone...

Bergevin has even found his way into the Out of Town Thread..................brutal.

FLA won again last night.............we just can't get a break.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Dvorak also plays on more situations than KK.

Kk mostly plays with Necas and Svechnikov.

Dvorak mostly plays with Anderson and Slafkovsky.

Or Gallagher and Dadonov.

Or Dadonov and Hoffman.

I'm pretty certain if Dvorak played with Svech(3rd on team in points) and Necas (1st on team in points) he would have more points than he does.

Anderson, Gallagher, Hoffman, Dadonov and Slafkovsky have less points combined than Svechnikov and Necas.
Amusingly, Stasny has played more with Necas and Svechnikov than KK, despite them being KK's most used wingers. KK still play about 12 minutes per games...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Happy to see Bisson getting a shot in the NHL. I thought we should have given him a NHL contract when he was here.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Many laughed at him but I never doubted him, this guy is a once in a lifetime talent.
He had a bad ankle injury that set him back big time. He is healthy now and producing. I watched an interview he did with Leafsnet a few months ago where he proclaimed that despite what the media has said about him that he had plenty of hockey left to play.

• Love
Reactions: zeeto and the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad