HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yet Gallagher gets beat up ad nauseam….
LOL Gallagher is/was simply Beat Up.
We all saw it coming and in no way should he have been offered that contract.
You have to find a player with fortitude and the physique to go with it.
No one ever harped on Gallagher's effort level.
I'm not seeing a reason to bring in his dumb contract?

Reactions: BLONG7

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
His salary I think is about 2.6 mil. Tampa needs to shred salary to sign Stamkos.
I wouldn't pay him that to sit him that's for sure.
We could probably give him more minutes than Tampa did.
A healthy Jeannot should be good for about 10 goals.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Well, yeah, why would anyone want to acquire PLD if they didn’t think he’d challenge to be the best forward on the team? He had better draft pedigree than Suzuki and is much larger to boot… and I think at the time of trade they had similar career highs.

Going off memory, I think people thought he should get no more than Suzuki’s cap hit and be expected to pitch in no more than Suzuki does. The talk of “future superstar” is false.

Obviously as we know, Suzuki hit higher and PLD had a disaster year. The smug after-the-fact bragging is fair and all, sure, but we don’t need to overdo it with fake claims lol!
At the time it was pretty obvious he was a head case, one had to be obtuse not to notice. :nod:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, yeah, why would anyone want to acquire PLD if they didn’t think he’d challenge to be the best forward on the team? He had better draft pedigree than Suzuki and is much larger to boot… and I think at the time of trade they had similar career highs.

Going off memory, I think people thought he should get no more than Suzuki’s cap hit and be expected to pitch in no more than Suzuki does. The talk of “future superstar” is false.

Obviously as we know, Suzuki hit higher and PLD had a disaster year. The smug after-the-fact bragging is fair and all, sure, but we don’t need to overdo it with fake claims lol!
There was staunch opposition from day one particularly in round #2. Don't forget how long the rumors persisted starting with the draft in Montreal.
We made an offer that didn't come off because we assessed the player correctly. I really didn't believe there was any new offer the second time around and it was all Agent Speak through the obvious channels. I felt a lot of posters called it as it was and I certainly don't see them bragging about it. Most of them have no need to gloat.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
At the time it was pretty obvious he was a head case, one had to be obtuse not to notice. :nod:
I tend to not give credence to character attacks but they could very well have been relevant in this case.

There was staunch opposition from day one particularly in round #2. Don't forget how long the rumors persisted starting with the draft in Montreal.
We made an offer that didn't come off because we assessed the player correctly. I really didn't believe there was any new offer the second time around and it was all Agent Speak through the obvious channels. I felt a lot of posters called it as it was and I certainly don't see them bragging about it. Most of them have no need to gloat.
Of course there was opposition! This is the Habs fanbase we're talking about. You could propose to acquire McDavid and at least half the fanbase would cry that it's too expensive.

I agree I don't think the second-time around had much interest from the Habs. The asking price was too high and WPG was milking it through the media. Good for them and good for PLD that it turned out as it did. And who knows, maybe the opened up cap space will allow the Kings to go big-game hunting with FAs and the new scenery will allow PLD to go back to 60-70/season. At least we have Alex Newhook.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
and they need that too.. for sure
It's the very first thing I'd like to give our team in recompense for the "Culture" read effort they've been giving these past two seasons.
Suzuki doesn't deserve to have idiots like Ridley f***ing Greig and Martin f***ing Pospisil harassing him with no response.
It's a huge problem if Arber is being muzzled like it seems he is. Meanwhile guys like Anderson and Pezzetta don't scare anyone.
I really hope Xhekaj learns to master the punishing 2 minute penalty some of the nastiest defenders seem to have incorporated into their games over the years. Players who are more valuable on the ice.

Reactions: bsl and BLONG7

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Along with The Sherriff !!
The Sherriff needs to be the final solution. Having a Dman as your regular tough guy isn't the ideal.
Having Jeannot and Arber in the lineup would be a great dissuader IMO despite what you may hear from some on this board.
It is still a thing like it or not. It pretty much always will be the only difference in this day and age is the brawn has to play decent hockey as well.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I think Tanner Jeannot is available...any interest?
TJ on the 4th line is exactly what we need. I'd have no problem with him on our team.

Just listening to LeBrun on Overdrive regarding Necas. He said the Canes have multiple concrete trade offers and they are balking at all of them. Teams around the league have said the price is so high for Necas there is internal talks of putting together an offersheet to get him. Canes think he's a star but won't pay him, while Necas wants out.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
TJ on the 4th line is exactly what we need. I'd have no problem with him on our team.

Just listening to LeBrun on Overdrive regarding Necas. He said the Canes have multiple concrete trade offers and they are balking at all of them. Teams around the league have said the price is so high for Necas there is internal talks of putting together an offersheet to get him. Canes think he's a star but won't pay him, while Necas wants out.
Habs should be in for an offer sheet with a big signing bonus to continue the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad