HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
All I can say is

LOOOOOL
How wrong I was about PLD, damn
Heartless after all

I'm blown away LA identified the mistake so fast and somehow have gotten out of this contract wow

T'ai inutile Pierre-luc calisse, wow
C'est quand même incroyable la haine que les gens ici ont pour PLD. Comme pour Drouin quand il était ici.

Heureusement pour lui que Josh Anderson est pas francophone...

Reactions: akratique and Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
C'est quand même incroyable la haine que les gens ici ont pour PLD. Comme pour Drouin quand il était ici.

Heureusement pour lui que Josh Anderson est pas francophone...
Forgetting how much *love* the guys from 'chez nous' get ANYway?

Pas de Coeur.
These 'PLD's and Drouin's' have no heart dude.. they're not getting slammed for being quebecers
They're being slammed for having 0 heart, 0 help to their respective teams, a lot of 'fluff' production

PLD is getting laughed at for signing 8yrsx8mill and delivered 16 goals and 24 points. Not because he is from Quebec.

And I don't know how much you frequent the board,
But Anderson is not spoken of 'positively' since 2022 bud, regardless of 'where he is from'

Mais bien essayé quand meme.
Ils sont juste pas bon mon ami.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
The fact that Dubious quit on two organizations was all I needed to see. Kings fans mocked those of you who posted on the main boards once they got him but I would bet they weren't laughing last season when he quit on their team as well.

Many here would have strongly disagreed with you last summer. He was being heralded as a savior that would turn into a superstar once he wore the CH. I was not one of those people.
And all those people were wrong and that's ok, nobody bats a thousand. Heck, there were a few who still wanted to trade for this clown a couple of weeks ago lol. PLD is a loser and a cancer to whatever locker room he enters. A huge round of applause to the Kings and whoever was involved in taking out the trash.

Reactions: OldCraig71

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I hope it quashes their ardor to take on any player with baggage period. It's really not something we need at this point.
That, regrettably is a faint hope. People, in all acts of endeavours, look for the immediately instant response.

But the “fall” of Dubois provides a stark reminder that the marketplace sets the value of any player. Just think, this time last year there were no shortage of posters here who were willing ( eager) to trade multiple first round choices plus other assets to Winnipeg for Dubois. LA fell prey to this frenzy. Twelve months later, LA traded their prized acquisition for: Darcy Kuemper and…. nothing. The marketplace has spoken.

I have often stated that the Marketplace provides an excellent and independent assessment of the strength of our players and prospects. Some here have emphatically stated that this prospect is a sure fire future top six forward or that prospect is a future top pairing defenceman. If that is true they would hold great market value. The reality is that they may not garner more than … a Darcy Kuemper. A truer indication of that prospect’s true value.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
That, regrettably is a faint hope. People, in all acts of endeavours, look for the immediately instant response.

But the “fall” of Dubois provides a stark reminder that the marketplace sets the value of any player. Just think, this time last year there were no shortage of posters here who were willing ( eager) to trade multiple first round choices plus other assets to Winnipeg for Dubois. LA fell prey to this frenzy. Twelve months later, LA traded their prized acquisition for: Darcy Kuemper and…. nothing. The marketplace has spoken.

I have often stated that the Marketplace provides an excellent and independent assessment of the strength of our players and prospects. Some here have emphatically stated that this prospect is a sure fire future top six forward or that prospect is a future top pairing defenceman. If that is true they would hold great market value. The reality is that they may not garner more than … a Darcy Kuemper. A truer indication of that prospect’s true value.
Wonder how much of that original, lopsided LA-Jets trade came from Bergevin. The LA-Caps trade is not the offending one here. Bergevin's stock seems to be tanking ever further, if the first one indeed has his fingerprints on it, which I speculate that it does, and he has been in the wrong chair all along.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Lol, I thought PLD being traded was a joke.

I have a theory.

Washington is going to play run and gun hockey , PLD is going to have a “bounce back” season playing with Ovechkin and pick up around 70pts.

People here will start making trade proposals for him again.

Now that my friend, is a joke.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
So did I at first. Then I was like, wait, it's not April 1st.

Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari & a high 2nd round pick (that they got from the Sean Durzi trade) to end up with Kuemper.

At least L.A. decided not to fall for the sunken cost fallacy. But, damn....
He started slow with WPG as well. I was convinced he would bounce back this year for LAK. Guess we'll never know.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lol, I thought PLD being traded was a joke.
When I first saw the tweet posted in this thread I did too and immediately checked to see if it was from a fake Friedman X account. It wasn't. :)

So much for 8 years of laying around on some LA beach and going to the arena in shorts and flip flops hey PLD b'y. At least he as until training camp to get all that LA beach sand out of his ass crack. :)

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
And all those people were wrong and that's ok, nobody bats a thousand. Heck, there were a few who still wanted to trade for this clown a couple of weeks ago lol. PLD is a loser and a cancer to whatever locker room he enters. A huge round of applause to the Kings and whoever was involved in taking out the trash.
Can’t believe it. This is the 4th time we missed out on getting PLD!! Next time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad