HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There will be a game 7.
I think so too but man for a deep team, Dallas only has a few players doing anything. Heiskanen is a monster, Johnston has been unreal, Stankoven's been a competitive speed demon, Benn's been clutch but aside from game 2 Hintz/Robertson are nowhere to be found, and none of the other forwards and Harley are doing anything. It's hard to blame Oettinger since a lot of these goals it's hard to stop, but he needs to play like a star goalie instead of an average one. Even Skinner made some big saves tonight.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Edmonton matching up vs Dallas better than i thought they would.

im not sure if Dallas took them lightly or let the peddle off thinking they passed the Avs and its a cake walk but currently Edmonton is just outworking them

Props to Broberg for stepping in. Didnt have to do much to be better then Desharnais but he just moves the puck and makes decisions faster

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I'm no master of the craft, just an avid fan.

EDIT: LMAO I just got it, I thought you were talking about laxatives for the diarrhea at first.

Yes I'm a bath salts master apparently.

I said what I said

May I ask what it is you would do if the Habs got their hands on McJesus?

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Edmonton matching up vs Dallas better than i thought they would.

im not sure if Dallas took them lightly or let the peddle off thinking they passed the Avs and its a cake walk but currently Edmonton is just outworking them

Props to Broberg for stepping in. Didnt have to do much to be better then Desharnais but he just moves the puck and makes decisions faster
I’m really starting to think Knoblauch is their MVP. His adjustments have really been superb and he seems to know how to work that rosters shortcomings.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I’m really starting to think Knoblauch is their MVP. His adjustments have really been superb and he seems to know how to work that rosters shortcomings.

Im not sure what to make of him as of yet. At times, he has seemed over his head especially vs Vancouver but the last few games vs Van and this series, the structure in their game has greatly improved and he deserves a lot of credit for that

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Im not sure what to make of him as of yet. At times, he has seemed over his head especially vs Vancouver but the last few games vs Van and this series, the structure in their game has greatly improved and he deserves a lot of credit for that
coaches are kind of like goalies TBH. yeah there's 2-3 standouts, but for the most part, they don't have much impact on the outcome.

it's all about the skaters

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I haven't watched much hockey since the Habs season ended but I do watch the game recaps on YT. I have noticed that the Oilers have limited the Stars scoring chances and SOG which is a big accomplishment and Skinner is playing over his head. I thought the Stars would take them in 5 but as our former "Maestro" said, once you make the playoffs anything can happen.

Bouchard has been in on so many scoring chances for the Oilers, it seems he has emerged and is becoming one of the many offensively talented young defenders in the NHL.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Apparently:

Utah Mammoth
Utah Yeti

are being considered. What is it with America's infatuation for monsters and extinct species? :huh:

At least it's better than Utah HC, which is just lazy and uncommitted.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Apparently:

Utah Mammoth
Utah Yeti

are being considered. What is it with America's infatuation for monsters and extinct species? :huh:

At least it's better than Utah HC, which is just lazy and uncommitted.

He also mentioned there are two other names in play.

It's going to be the Yeti. People love the campy memey shit right now but later on it will just be normal.

Like we just accept the Flyers as a name.. the Flyers...

Reactions: vokiel

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
coaches are kind of like goalies TBH. yeah there's 2-3 standouts, but for the most part, they don't have much impact on the outcome.

it's all about the skaters
Actually coaches have a great impact on a team. See Douche Arm, Lefebvre, most Canadian WJC coaches for examples of complete incompetents that can screw up players and a team. Wrong line combinations, bad instruction and bad or incomprehensible strategies can derail a team.
Agree that thee are probably only 2 or 3 really good coaches but an average coach is still better than an incompetent like Lefebvre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad