HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
"Losing and missing the playoffs was not something Stuart Skinner was used to in Junior"

Uhhh he was like 88-72 until he got traded to Swift Current in his final season and he only made the playoffs twice with Lethbridge (and one time was them getting swept)

At least do your damn homework Sportsnet. Like don't get me wrong, he was a damn DAMN good goalie in Junior, but he was on shitty teams and lost A LOT.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Miller was 3rd in the Q in save percentage after his trade to Rimouski. How is he not good? Christ he’s a f***ing 19 year old goalie and he’s already a lost cause to you. What a useless discussion. Whining about 5th round picks. Jesus.
4th and I said unless he turns things around, so there's still time, but I'm not holding out hope.

You need to hit on those later round picks. 4 years from now maybe he's that late round find, but likely isn't. Take a home run swing in a forward and see what happens seems like a much better strategy than hoping to get a bunch of goalies that carry below market value.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
4th and I said unless he turns things around, so there's still time, but I'm not holding out hope.

You need to hit on those later round picks. 4 years from now maybe he's that late round find, but likely isn't. Take a home run swing in a forward and see what happens seems like a much better strategy than hoping to get a bunch of goalies that carry below market value.
No it isn't. There are likely no position players of any use by the end of the 3rd round. Since goalies are so difficult to evaluate the best strategy is the draft a few late and hope one turns out.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No it isn't. There are likely no position players of any use by the end of the 3rd round. Since goalies are so difficult to evaluate the best strategy is the draft a few late and hope one turns out.
That's fair. I'm not saying taking a goalie in the later round is wrong, that's the best time to take a goalie.

Taking 3 in one draft is a waste

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad