HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs own Kent Hughes negotiated that contract I believe...Hopefully, he's not as generous as the GM.
Kenny got paid nicely on that contract, lol. Good for him.

Meh... if Dallas wins they can rent Times Square and have a million tourists cheer the Cup parade... even if they don't know what's going on.
I always thought Dallas had a very solid fan base. Their crowd is usually pretty decent.

Reactions: stanley25

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is size really the only attribute that some HF posters are after? I have yet to read anyone fitting that very narrow characterization you have brought up in several posts now.

What is wrong with valuing size where the choice is between two players with similar profiles within the same tier, for instance? Should they disregard the “moar size” guy and opt for the 5’9 guy instead?

There is a reason that the “moar size” label is “silly and misguided” — it absolutely is cause no one fits that description.

Once again, size is just one attribute among others that teams are mindful of when roster building, to optimize their asset mix. No one is advocating choosing size as the principal determining factor or to disregard or downplay skill. I’m at a loss.
:surrender

Would it be weird to qualify myself as a size king ? And if so, how weird ? I feel strangely uncomfortable writing that for some reason.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Habs own Kent Hughes negotiated that contract I believe...Hopefully, he's not as generous as the GM.
Well negotiating "bad" contracts makes you a good agent. Assumably he knows all the tricks these agents like to use and he won't fall for it as easily

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Skinner thinks he played a "solid game."

Dont think he gets it, doesnt matter if you make a couple big saves, a stinky GWG and and .810 is no where close to solid
Oilers outplayed themselves by shelving Holland. Changing coaches was great but they should have paid up for a goalie. We're at a point where goaltending in the league is so bad after the top that Monty is an upper level goalie.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Please stop with the condescending strawman definitions. You must be really running thin on substance to be engaging in that. I’ve been following your posts for a long time but the level of discourse you have stooped to, has me gladly moving on. Happens to the best of us, I suppose.

Good luck in your quest, whatever it might be. Enjoy littering your posts with straw men, at least you have been called out on them.

Your zero interest stance is mutual — dare I say it, you finally got one right!
Sadly I feel the same

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yawn... not much is happening. we need a a topic similar to Price vs Halak to carry us through the summer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Pretty eventful day so far:

- Keefe officially introduced as coach in New Jersey.
- Bylsma officially introduced as coach in Seattle.
- Will Smith signs his ELC with San Jose.
- Waddell officially announced as Pres + GM in Columbus.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

Pretty eventful day so far:

- Keefe officially introduced as coach in New Jersey.
- Bylsma officially introduced as coach in Seattle.
- Will Smith signs his ELC with San Jose.
- Waddell officially announced as Pres + GM in Columbus.

With all of those titles, Waddell clearly got himself a big payday. Good for him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad