HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

200w.gif

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Nikolai Kulemin is headed to OTT on a PTO. He's 38 and has not played in the show since 2018. He was a bit over 0.5 PPG last season the KHL.

He has the best agent in the game.
Or Ottawa have a mediocre management. Jensen vs chychrun is horrible. They gave a 1st and 2 second pick a year ago for chychrun. And now they gave him for an old Dman.
Hugues received a first pick for chiarot. What the hell
I don’t see HuGO giving a PTO to a guy like Kulemin.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Or Ottawa have a mediocre management. Jensen vs chychrun is horrible. They gave a 1st and 2 second pick a year ago for chychrun. And now they gave him for an old Dman.

Id rather think Kulemin's agent has his hands on high level kompromat

Staios and all cant be that bad

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Looks like Sennecke will avoid getting rushed with a minor injury. Will they send him back to his junior club?
When Montreal had the chance to pick Demidov, I didnt believed it. In term of skill, Demidov was right behind Celebrini. Like, thats unreal and pretty sure you were asking to the fan base of Anaheim and CBJ at draft day. Who they would like to take. I think Demidov is their first choice. Today, they will probably say ther are okay with both player

Reactions: GrandBison

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
When Montreal had the chance to pick Demidov, I didnt believed it. In term of skill, Demidov was right behind Celebrini. Like, thats unreal and pretty sure you were asking to the fan base of Anaheim and CBJ at draft day. Who they would like to take. I think Demidov is their first choice. Today, they will probably say ther are okay with both player
Demidov is not a little ball of hate type player - there was zero chance Verbeek was going to pick a non big body player w potential to cultivate meanness..

That’s why BPA is such a relative measure, different GMs value different attributes unless it’s a clear separation in prospect as it was last two drafts between 1OA and everyone else

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Demidov is not a little ball of hate type player - there was zero chance Verbeek was going to pick a non big body player w potential to cultivate meanness..

That’s why BPA is such a relative measure, different GMs value different attributes unless it’s a clear separation in prospect as it was last two drafts between 1OA and everyone else
If montreal were picking 3, and they were taking Sennecke instead of Demidov…. i would have been pissed off. It feel a homer comment, but I really like what Demidov bring in term of offensive skill. sennecke to me feels like a project

Reactions: LV426

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If montreal were picking 3, and they were taking Sennecke instead of Demidov…. i would have been pissed off. It feel a homer comment, but I really like what Demidov bring in term of offensive skill. sennecke to me feels like a project
Point being HuGo don’t have the same philosophy of the type of game they want their team to play as Verbeek does…. which then influences draft preferences

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not many people saw the Chychrun deal as a win.
We often talk about red flags well he had a couple including performance issues.
People talk about Guhle as a injury prone take a look at this dude's dossier.

I harp on Matheson's +/- as not being acceptable Chychrun's is downright disgusting.
The funny thing is Chychrun probably had a higher rating than Kaiden Guhle ever did.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
True, all I was saying is you can't compare the two teams situations. We're just starting to come out of our rebuild. While the Oilers are Cup contenders. Let's see how the team's cap situation looks when we are Cup contenders.
The cap situation will be extreme when Habs are contenders. This is to be expected. No fear.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We often talk about red flags well he had a couple including performance issues.

I harp on Matheson's +/- as not being acceptable Chychrun's is downright disgusting.
The funny thing is Chychrun probably had a higher rating than Kaiden Guhle ever did.
This is sens hope that Sanderson is ready. Watch out for him.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
If the Habs had a Zegras and didn't have a Slafkovsky, I might have been more open to a Sennecke over a Demidov. It takes all kinds of kinds to make a competitive team.

That being said I'm pretty pumped about Demidov and I thought he was the 2nd best player in the draft.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Chychrun is not even half the player Guhle is. What is crazy however is that, unlike Guhle, Chychrun is injury prone despite being a soft player.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So crap goalie Michael Hutchinson has a PTO with the Devils and old ass Nik Kulemin has a PTO with the Senators

So much talent to go around! Please, please, please hurry up and add 4 more teams to the NHL. #BettmanGOAT
Yeah but expansion brings more cap so we can end up paying lesser players MOAR.
NHLPA is all over that stuff.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yeah but expansion brings more cap so we can end up paying lesser players MOAR.
NHLPA is all over that stuff.

Does it bring more cap? The expansion fees aren't considered hockey related revenue IIRC and just go to the owners. If the league expands to, say 36 teams, the HRR pie would be bigger, but it would also be split among more teams. The cap would only rise if the new teams brought in more money than the average of the 32 teams does, which seems unlikely.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad