HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
We have to remember why numbers were retired, it wasn't for having a good career, These were exceptional players on exceptional teams, you can't lower the standard.
No argument there. But rather than looking at it as lowering the standards, maybe we should consider Price on a Bell curve, given he never had the benefit of playing on an exceptional team

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Former high pick in draft. If Oilers can right him.
He is a likely a 4th liner. Holloway still has potential to be a scoring line forward. Bowman is an idiot. It would be a worthwhile risk for a team that has cap space to spare.
Now it would make sense if it is part of a bigger deal where Canucks take a Ceci and/or Kulak to open up cap room for the Oilers.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It tells me they are letting both players walk, Broberg and Holloway

Edmonton just traded Ceci, so Broberg is staying and Holloway is likely being let go.

What's interesting is Broberg has made multiple trade requests while Holloway wanted to stay. He had to be convinced to sign the RFA sheet.

It's likely that the guy who wants to leave, stays. And, the guy who wants to stay, leaves.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It tells me they are letting both players walk, Broberg and Holloway
That was my guess as well.

Edmonton just traded Ceci, so Broberg is staying and Holloway is likely being let go.

What's interesting is Broberg has made multiple trade requests while Holloway wanted to stay. He had to be convinced to sign the RFA sheet.

It's likely that the guy who wants to leave, stays. And, the guy who wants to stay, leaves.
Damn, that's the total opposite of what I thought they would do.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Going to be hard on Oilers as Bouchard and Drai are up next year.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I like what Oilers have done this off season actually. We'll see if it translate but nice little moves.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Why? They still need to put Kane on LTIR to cover Broberg's salary. If they do they can keep Holloway too. Of course that doesn't explain trading for Podkolzin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad