HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't even know why I didn't like Pacioretty. Cant figure out why I still don't like him after all this time.
Personally was always a fan, think his career was really underrated. If he had any help up front might have had much better career numbers (ie last 3 years in Vegas).

Lot of people turned on him after he and Subban had supposed beef. Shortly after Subban was traded and Pacioretty had arguably his worst season as a Habs player. I think people blamed him in a way.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know alot of people hate max , i'm in the indifferent camp. Its not max's fault he was the best forward on the team just like it wasn't daveys fault he was 1C. Team was garbage his whole tenure here.

The people hating on max usually think those 2010's era teams were good or something and max held us back , those teams were completely mediocre and a joke on paper league wide. Embarassing times to be a habs fan , absolute joke of a top 6 for almost a decade. You can call him a gutless captain all you want it doesn't change the fact we never stood a chance , with or without him.

Getting bailed by a goalie for 10 years isn't a good way to build a team
Subban and Plekanec good players. Markov, Price, Gallagher. That was solid team. Lack the star but if you don't rebuild near zero chance you get one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I turned on Paccioretty the year he went from top of the league +/- to the IDGAF play he demonstrated the following year.
It's incredible how quickly he soured and it's hard to know how much was management and how much was room.
His lowball contract was definitely eating at him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Team was trash sorry , nothing special whatsoever look around the league at that time
Couldn't been trash Montreal got to conference finals 2 times in 2010, 2014. Most teams don't do it.

Like I said if you don't rebuild you not getting the star to build around. Nobody here wanted to rebuild.

The only star we had was Price. He was result of near lottery win.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I don't even know why I didn't like Pacioretty. Cant figure out why I still don't like him after all this time.
Honestly even though it won't happen I always kind of hope he signs here and has a redemption arc as a complimentary player. I definitely disliked him at the end but really he was never going to live up to the expectations and dealt with it poorly. It was a bad team as a whole

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I wonder if Max will get the boo birds if his in the starting line up October 9th

If it was a Saku level captain you’d have to at least give him a cheeky roar of boos. Since it’s Patches he should technically be ignored altogether, but I will in fact be there with a bushel of assorted rotten vegetables

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Suzuki is an inch taller and weighs 20+ lbs more, I wouldn't say he looks huge.

Fair but Suzuki is thick too. I remember last year seeing he was the heaviest 5'11 guy in the league.

It's a good sign for Michkov because if he didn't grow from 5'9 175 this upcoming season would be a bigger challenge.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Marinaro said today on BPM that Bergevin din't like Pacioretty as a captain and Pacioretty was the type of person to take criticism very badly, so much so that it would affect his play on the ice and he would lose sleep over it.

Now this guy is going to play for a rival instead of expressing interest in finishing his career here... he's so dumb man.
He wore the C here and he's doing this. Worst captain in history and Subban would have never done that, despite being from Toronto.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Maybe we can hear Pacioretty post game after a game 7 Leaf playoff loss...."It's the same f***ing thing for the last 10 [years]. It's a joke!I

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad