HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
With all the Ds we have on track to progress, why would we even consider this. I would rather trade them a D like Harris against a pick or a good forward prospect so that they can get rid of Ceci elsewhere
Ceci's contract is up at the end of the year. Can even put him on waivers and hope someone takes him if they can't get anything for him. Habs should be looking for firsts or A prospects. Harris doesn't get either. Now if they got Ceci they can just move Harris for whatever they can get to open up a spot.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Who did they bring in for goaltending?

Stolarz to replace Samsonov and the hopes of having a healthy Woll as their starter. I am not claiming that their goaltending is fixed just that it was quite bad and there is reason to believe it will be better. Stolarz is a very good backup who might even be a sleeper as a late blooming starter and Woll has all sorts of potential if he can remain healthy which is an enormous "if" based on his entire history as a pro.

Reactions: Runner77

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Stolarz to replace Samsonov and the hopes of having a healthy Woll as their starter. I am not claiming that their goaltending is fixed just that it was quite bad and there is reason to believe it will be better. Stolarz is a very good backup who might even be a sleeper as a late blooming starter and Woll has all sorts of potential if he can remain healthy which is an enormous "if" based on his entire history as a pro.
Neither has ever started 30 games in the NHL, can't wait for them to explode, guess they have Matt Murray still :laugh:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Brian Wilde says Habs should not retire Price's jersey because of lack of awards and Cups. Wilde is an imbecile. Price wasn't the GM. All you can look at is his record. He was the best goalie in the league for years and should be in the Hall of Fame and his jersey should be retired.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Brian Wilde says Habs should not retire Price's jersey because of lack of awards and Cups. Wilde is an imbecile. Price wasn't the GM. All you can look at is his record. He was the best goalie in the league for years and should be in the Hall of Fame and his jersey should be retired.
I have said this before and will say it again.
Price talent wise is easily the best goalie in Habs history and that says alot considering the history of Durnan, Plante, Dryden and Roy.
You put Price behind the cup winning teams and he wins many cups. Not his fault that he played behind severely inferior teams.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yeah.. Price is going to be a Hall of Famer and he holds a lot of Canadiens records, on top of having a Hart, Lindsay and Vezina and a cup finals apperance largely on his back.

Markov and Koivu have some light claims to jersey retirement, Markov more so than Koivu, but with Price there's the records and the hardware. You can't hold him to the standards of Dryden etc. because Dryden played with legitimately cup winning, dynasty teams.. Price had to make wine out of turds.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So according to SN Oilers are asking for high pick to take Ceci or Kulak to clear cap space. In what universe are any of them worth a 1st round? Unless, of course, they mean a high 4th round pick. Lol... what a joke. As much as I don;t like Barron I'd keep him over Ceci.

Wilde is just another woke moron who gets paid to spew shit that makes no sense. It always amazed me that ANY of these people actually get paid. ANY hockey news with the most in-depth analysis can be obtained here for free.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Yeah.. Price is going to be a Hall of Famer and he holds a lot of Canadiens records, on top of having a Hart, Lindsay and Vezina and a cup finals apperance largely on his back.

Markov and Koivu have some light claims to jersey retirement, Markov more so than Koivu, but with Price there's the records and the hardware. You can't hold him to the standards of Dryden etc. because Dryden played with legitimately cup winning, dynasty teams.. Price had to make wine out of turds.
We have to remember why numbers were retired, it wasn't for having a good career, These were exceptional players on exceptional teams, you can't lower the standard.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So according to SN Oilers are asking for high pick to take Ceci or Kulak to clear cap space. In what universe are any of them worth a 1st round? Unless, of course, they mean a high 4th round pick. Lol... what a joke. As much as I don;t like Barron I'd keep him over Ceci.

Wilde is just another woke moron who gets paid to spew shit that makes no sense. It always amazed me that ANY of these people actually get paid. ANY hockey news with the most in-depth analysis can be obtained here for free.
Yeah Marinaro seems to attract some real winners on his show.

He was an exceptional player. We should not punish an individual because his GM was Bergevin and another's was Sam Pollock.
That hits the nail directly on the head!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I have said this before and will say it again.
Price talent wise is easily the best goalie in Habs history and that says alot considering the history of Durnan, Plante, Dryden and Roy.
You put Price behind the cup winning teams and he wins many cups. Not his fault that he played behind severely inferior teams.

I agree. For a few years, he was essentially a cheat code and the team completely collapsed when he was injured in 15-16. He was the difference between a top team in the conference and a bottom feeder. Hasek like impact.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Huh? What I saw posted somewhere on HF was that teams were supposedly asking for a 1st and 2nd being added from the Oilers side as sweeteners for them to take both Ceci and Kulak back as cap dumps, knowing the huge bind the Oilers are currently in.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Huh? What I saw posted somewhere on HF was that teams were supposedly asking for a 1st and 2nd being added from the Oilers side as sweeteners for them to take both Ceci and Kulak back as cap dumps, knowing the huge bind the Oilers are currently in.
Ah. That changes things. I’ll take Oilers first and second and burry both Ceci and the great Brett Kulak in the AHL:D

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
lol. TSN site today. Yes I still feel like not. Enough has been written about Matthew’s captaincy.

1723924596517.png

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
lol. TSN site today. Yes I still feel like not. Enough has been written about Matthew’s captaincy.

View attachment 901611
Does this mean Tavares is being traded before the season starts? If not that seems f***ing crazy to me. Why not just wait till the season after when he’s gone anyways?
Never heard of that before. That’s a lot of disrespect towards Tavares for probably zero gain. Wow

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Does this mean Tavares is being traded before the season starts? If not that seems f***ing crazy to me. Why not just wait till the season after when he’s gone anyways?
Never heard of that before. That’s a lot of disrespect towards Tavares for probably zero gain. Wow
It’s happened a few times where the old captain stuck around. Elias stayed forever. The Leafs core has just about run its course IMO even if the players aren’t exceedingly old. I think they may have already had their best couple chances at a run and now have an even dumber GM. So maybe it’s just hoping it sparks something in the team and either Matthews sinks or swims with the new responsibility. I don’t really think he has the making of a good captain but they don’t really have anybody who would. It’s a stark contrast to Montreal who I feel doesn’t have enough letters to go around, I could see 5 or 6 potential captains and a bunch more who could wear an A one day.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Well, I'm back after two weeks vacations in Vancouver. I'm sure you guys missed my wonderful insights!!! Right?? Right....??????? :sarcasm:

Looking at Sportsnets and TSN, it seems like I missed only one thing important..... :D

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Attempt to change the narrative that you are just running it back with the exact same group. Matthews has been on the team longer than Tavares, so the idea that switching some fabric on their sweaters is going to be what finally gets them over the hump after almost a decade is laughable, but Leafs fans are eating it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad