HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Imagine the panic here if he was our pick.
lol hell yeah. It would be bad.

He has an herniated disk, that it is still bothering after near 6 months at least isn't a good sign. Despite ruling out surgery, he will probably need it.
I know he wasn't able to fully participate at the combine. But I figured it was too early to push his back. Now that it's 6 months later. Sadly surgery my be on the horizon for him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I seem to remember Lindstrom agent saying he'd be 100% ready for the start of the season. I guess there might have been a setback during the summer. Backs can be pretty tricky, in the end he might have no choice but to have the surgery a la Eichel for his neck.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
lol hell yeah. It would be bad.

I know he wasn't able to fully participate at the combine. But I figured it was too early to push his back. Now that it's 6 months later. Sadly surgery my be on the horizon for him.

I seem to remember Lindstrom agent saying he'd be 100% ready for the start of the season. I guess there might have been a setback during the summer. Backs can be pretty tricky, in the end he might have no choice but to have the surgery a la Eichel for his neck.

The biggest issue is the semi-random twitter dude paraphrasing Portzline who is already dumbing down what he got from CBJ.

"COLUMBUS, Ohio — Don’t be alarmed. None of this is unexpected, the Columbus Blue Jackets say. They knew patience would need to be in long supply when they drafted center Cayden Lindstrom with the No. 4 overall pick in June.
[...]
“Before we drafted him, we had all of the MRIs, all the tests, and everything else from his agents and doctors,” Waddell said. “This is something he’s going to get better from, but we want to be really careful with it. I’ve said all along, we’re going to slow-play this one.
“We’ve had great communication on this, not just with Cayden and his agent, but with our training staff and our doctors. This is an important player for us, obviously, and the focus is on the future. I’ve told everybody involved that I’m not worried about today. I’m looking at the future.
[...]
Even if Lindstrom were medically cleared today, Waddell said Lindstrom was off the ice so much this summer that there’s “not a chance” he’d play in Buffalo."

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I feel for the kid to be this young, this touted and already having back issues...damn

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
The biggest issue is the semi-random twitter dude paraphrasing Portzline who is already dumbing down what he got from CBJ.

"COLUMBUS, Ohio — Don’t be alarmed. None of this is unexpected, the Columbus Blue Jackets say. They knew patience would need to be in long supply when they drafted center Cayden Lindstrom with the No. 4 overall pick in June.
[...]
“Before we drafted him, we had all of the MRIs, all the tests, and everything else from his agents and doctors,” Waddell said. “This is something he’s going to get better from, but we want to be really careful with it. I’ve said all along, we’re going to slow-play this one.
“We’ve had great communication on this, not just with Cayden and his agent, but with our training staff and our doctors. This is an important player for us, obviously, and the focus is on the future. I’ve told everybody involved that I’m not worried about today. I’m looking at the future.
[...]
Even if Lindstrom were medically cleared today, Waddell said Lindstrom was off the ice so much this summer that there’s “not a chance” he’d play in Buffalo."

Ok so it does seem like they're being over cautious with him. That's good to hear.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel for the kid to be this young, this touted and already having back issues...damn
It's more common then people think (knees, shoulder and back). But most of the time those kids just drop out or have a career switch to another sport that do not solicitate the injured body part as much.

Reactions: zeeto and Tyson

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Ok so it does seem like they're being over cautious with him. That's good to hear.

"Even if Lindstrom were medically cleared today, Waddell said Lindstrom was off the ice so much this summer that there’s “not a chance” he’d play in Buffalo.""

So the kid injures his back in December or so, but he can't even skate during the summer just because they are "too cautious".

Yeah, I don't buy it.

Hopefully it gets better soon for him. Really sucks.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good thing they traded away the other guy already...

Whoops.

Feel terrible for him.

Also feel hugely relieved that we didn't draft him.

I wish him the best and hope he fully recovers.

Stupid.

The real reason is greed. A billion bucks a pop so they expand the shit out of the league whether it makes sense or not.

This is the kind of stuff that you can tell people when they ask why Bettman gets booed.

Imagine the panic here if he was our pick.
What a meltdown it would've been.

Interesting. Surprised we'd be involved but the man had talent. Reclamations are our specialty though.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Apparently Habs, Leafs and Avs are the 3 teams in on Zadina PTO

IMG_1911.jpeg

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If Caufield becomes a perennial 80 point per season guy we should be ecstatic. I do believe he will have seasons of 40+ goals, perhaps not every year but he will break the 30 year 40 goal scorer drought.
I seriously doubt it at this point. I think the ship has sailed on the ~50g, p/gp type potential. He’d have shown more by now, if that was going to be the case, imo.

I think he’s likely a more finesse, Gallagher level type of player. Still great for a 15th overall pick, but not the elite talent we were hoping for.

Reactions: zeeto

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
OK. did you mean "Gallagher with more finesse"? I guess, I just don't see how Caufield fits that description:
- has a terrible reputation with refs
- eats cross checks in the crease for a living
- is a bit of a pest
I mean a 1st/2nd line tweener good for ~30 goals, ~60-70 points, whose game is based more around finesse and shooting, rather than gritty/pest/agitator type play and garbage goals. A similar level of player, but different stylistically.

Reactions: zeeto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad