Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really hope Howe is able to make it. Not that I think he'll make the team but I'd love to get a sense of how he compares before his season starts.
I still think Dubas will move either Eller or Acciari. Acciari will be difficult. I actually hope Acciari rebounds to be a very good RW on the 4th line. Dubas has to have some cap space here for a move sometime this year up to the TDL. Interesting with the development and so many prospects now in the potential call up range, Dubas will have to move forward.
Puustinen
Beauvillier
Hayes
Glass
Lizotte
Eller
Acciari
Poulin
Puljujarvi
Bemstrom

combined with guys like Gruden and Ponomarov who could be ready now, I don't see how he doesn't. Could easily waive - Eller, Acciari, Puljujarvi, Bemstrom. If they get picked up, that would help us.

That said, WBS is gonna be good.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It'd be cool if we had a coach who would run all of McGroarty, Pono and Broz in the middle-6 or bottom-6. I mean, expectations are f***in' out the window--who cares? Can't be worse than the other slopshit vets they keep the roster stocked with for years now.

FIFY lol

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Beauvillier - Hayes - Bemstrom
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Bottom six incoming.
I'm not so sure about Bemstrom. He seemed to have a bit of a goal-scoring touch that we frown upon in our bottom 6. We may need to scour the waiver wire for a little less of that fancy stuff and more playing the game the right way.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It'd be cool if we had room to run all of McGroarty, Pono and Broz in the middle-6 or bottom-6. I mean, expectations are f***in' out the window--who cares? Can't be worse than the other slopshit vets they keep the roster stocked with for years now.
My main issue with that is throwing them in there and Sully giving them 8 minutes a night might be worse for their development than letting them get big minutes in the AHL.

If they look ready, by all means. But if they need the development time then they're better served learning in the AHL with 15+ minutes a night rather than getting Sullied here.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My entirely far too lineup that I'm expecting to see:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Hayes
Beauvillier-Lizotte-Acciari
Glass-Puustinen

Pettersson-Karlsson
Grzelcyk-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
Ludvig

Jarry-Nedjelkovic

PP1: Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson, Bunting and Rust
PP2: McGroarty, Hayes, Rakell, O'Connor and Letang

PK1: Eller, Rust, Pettersson and Letang
PK2: Lizotte, Acciari, Graves and St. Ivany
PK3: O'Connor, Hayes, Grzelcyk and Karlsson

I'm a bit curious how they try to integrate Beauvillier into the special teams as well, he has never really been a regular PKer but I figure he gets some usage both there and on PP2 with injuries or penalties. Maybe he's the first replacement on both PP2 and PK3 if there is a penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My main issue with that is throwing them in there and Sully giving them 8 minutes a night might be worse for their development than letting them get big minutes in the AHL.

If they look ready, by all means. But if they need the development time then they're better served learning in the AHL with 15+ minutes a night rather than getting Sullied here.

It’ll be funny if Poulin beats out McGroarty due to waiver wire.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It’ll be funny if Poulin beats out McGroarty due to waiver wire.

c386f2a0-cdee-4087-b548-f50377800f91_text.gif

Contract status has a lot to do with final cuts. If anything, it would be a relief that he wasn't guaranteed a spot to get him to sign.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sam Poulin is too dogshit for me to think they'd send down McGroarty to keep him up. He'll likely be waived, pass through waivers and just be some nobody in the AHL again.

Poulin was drafted by JR, that's how long he's been in the organization for. If he's not panning out by now, I don't know why anyone thinks he will be panning out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sam Poulin is too dogshit for me to think they'd send down McGroarty to keep him up. He'll likely be waived, pass through waivers and just be some nobody in the AHL again.

Same vibe people had about Broz a year ago when I was talking him up and now he’s NHL ready according to some.

Calling Poulin dogshit is hilarious.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lol…everyone cracking up in the background…

I love Geno. I don't like the idea of not seeing him as a Penguin in a couple of years, but father time remains undefeated unfortunately.

It’s more likely Lafreniere simply wasn’t that good yet. Not like Gallant gave him a ton more minutes or anything compared to Quinn.

KK has been mid under 3 different coaches.

Quinn also played the shit out of Eklund in SJ last year.

Also he is the assistant. I don’t know why anyone cares about him.
Because as a coach he was dog shit. As an assistant he's going to be in charge of the D which has already been dog shit under Sullivan's system.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I actually liked what I saw out of Ty. If his name was Chad Ruhwedel, he'd have shown what he could have done with more ice time.
Agreed 100%. He was better than Chad when in the lineup. Could have been cleaner on the PP, but that takes time to settle in with a whole new unit of stars.
Then 43 points in 63 games in Wilkes last season, with our PP at 31st or w/e, and we can't give him another shot?

Nah. f*** that whole situation. I haven't written off the kid's career at 24 either lol.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Agreed 100%. He was better than Chad when in the lineup. Could have been cleaner on the PP, but that takes time to settle in with a whole new unit of stars.
Then 43 points in 63 games in Wilkes last season, with our PP at 31st or w/e, and we can't give him another shot?

Nah. f*** that whole situation. I haven't written off the kid's career at 24 either lol.
That's what I found comical as well. To have players that can help on the powerplay and the coach decides Lars Eller is a great option, lol.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
While I was out and about, I found a Soo Greyhounds Under Armor gym shirt.

Maybe I'll drive up to Pittsburgh and hang out near the arena and get an invite to camp.
I'm not opposed. At least you follow the board and know what the core issues on the team are. Maybe you can address them on the ice.
But if I see you shooting at the goalie's logo when the top of the net is wide open, expect to see a red bubble with a white number near the mail icon.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
While I was out and about, I found a Soo Greyhounds Under Armor gym shirt.

Maybe I'll drive up to Pittsburgh and hang out near the arena and get an invite to camp.
You ever hear about the Tonya Harding story? Well when you get to camp just be Tonya, Sullivan is your Nancy Kerrigan.

Don't let us down. Let our hopes be the guiding strength in your baton hand.

giphy.gif

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Sidney Crosby's agent Pat Brisson went on Sportsnet on Tuesday to discuss the contract extension.

"We had some interesting conversations in the last few months, 'Do you want an 87 somewhere in your contract?'" Brisson said. "All respect to Kyle (Dubas) and Fenway, they were open to discussing one, two, three, even four years, even with more money. There was no pressure on their end. The 87, I guess he's a little bit superstitious, it's hard for him to hide. It follows him everywhere. Even though we tried to get him to take a little bit more money, it's where he wanted to be. He's very happy
Lol, imagine being Dubas and going from negotiating with Matthews to Sid

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have 22 million in cap space next year with a cap of 92 million. They also have only a couple roster spots open as to contracts. This year will be the see what this crew can do with Rust, Karlsson, Graves, Jarry to name a few. If they miss the playoffs, Dubas will begin the purge of high coast vets who are no longer in the plan.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, Hayes is not in Geno’s group to start t camp lol…someone must have gotten to Sullivan and convinced him that playing the two slowest players on the team on the same line in the top six wasn’t a good idea ….either that or he’s biding his time when the groups get changed tomorrow lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad