Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Anyone here watch both prospect games? Heard Brunicke is looking really, really good.

Will be keeping an eye on him in camp.
There’s an argument he looked better than expected as a NHL prospect due to flexing high end tools you can’t teach (athleticism, skating specifically)

But actual hockey-playing performance? he didn’t blow me away or anything. He’s very raw.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There’s an argument he looked better than expected as a NHL prospect due to flexing high end tools you can’t teach (athleticism, skating specifically)

But actual hockey-playing performance? he didn’t blow me away or anything. He’s very raw.

I disagree, I thought he looked like the best defenseman in the game I watched.

Pickering looked good too.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I disagree, I thought he looked like the best defenseman in the game I watched.

Pickering looked good too.
He wasnt bad at all just didn’t blow me away. he just kinda won with skating. Which is fine. But I think he could use his options better on the rush and make more “little” plays.

It’s also really hard to eval a D with that brand of back and forth hockey so maybe he comes into camp and looks way more refined.

I thought Pickering was their best D on the weekend, I only watched like one third of the Saturday game though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Petts is getting 6 x 6+…from someone…it better not be the Pens lol…get some assets for him, like Jake
I can see a team needing a solid top pairing guy to complement a #1 PMD giving him a 6x6 easily. He's earned it.

My hope is that he plays well again this year and gets us a 1st+ at the TDL like Chiarot did. I don't seem him being a guy we pay to hang on to. If we are willing to retain 50%, a lot of teams can fit in a $2mil hit at the TDL. Provided we are out, he should be a popular target.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Matt Nieto photo during Pens media day…
It's hilarious he's healthy now. Most thought he was LTIR until the end of his contract. A good chance this team gets even older when Sullivan chooses to keep him on the roster.

Lindell basically just made sure Pettersson is getting 5+ and 5+ with that contract.
It's why I move him and not extend him. I wouldn't commit to that with Pettersson knowing the path this team is already on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah I think that is true with Pickering, it's not that he has developed poorly but he just hasn't done anything super special. For a 1st rounder, you'd be hoping for a larger jump than what he has shown. That being said, he also hasn't been bad as a prospect either.

I agree with Jesse's thoughts of a solid 2nd pair D upside, I could see him being very similar to Pettersson in that he's viewed as a #4 upside type of guy that ends up exceeding that upside.

Reactions: Andy99

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It's hilarious he's healthy now. Most thought he was LTIR until the end of his contract. A good chance this team gets even older when Sullivan chooses to keep him on the roster.

It's why I move him and not extend him. I wouldn't commit to that with Pettersson knowing the path this team is already on.
Someone said he still has months of rehab, is that true?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Yeah I think that is true with Pickering, it's not that he has developed poorly but he just hasn't done anything super special. For a 1st rounder, you'd be hoping for a larger jump than what he has shown. That being said, he also hasn't been bad as a prospect either.

I agree with Jesse's thoughts of a solid 2nd pair D upside, I could see him being very similar to Pettersson in that he's viewed as a #4 upside type of guy that ends up exceeding that upside.

That Jared guy seems cool.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

That's what I've been saying so it's nice to hear someone with actual clout say it like Jesse lol.

I would have liked to see Pickering look more dominant in junior hockey and not just put up the same offensive numbers two years in a row.

Then again, if you use someone like Brian Dumoulin as a comparison Dumo also stalled out a bit production-wise in both college and the AHL. So it's not something I'm necessarily worried about but I just would like to see more in the hopes that he reaches his ceiling rather than just too toots along to an uneventful NHL career.

We need him to turn into something good not just a guy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He's trying to sabotage Sid's fitness so he can top him in points this year.
Hasn't done it since 2019-20.

Are there people who thought he would or something?

Anyway... Geno sounds decidedly like a guy who has had to put up with Sid's extremely superstitious self deciding where they all go to eat for like going on 20 years lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Are there people who thought he would or something?

Anyway... Geno sounds decidedly like a guy who has had to put up with Sid's extremely superstitious self deciding where they all go to eat for like going on 20 years lol
If we see any footage of Sid and Geno yelling at each other on the bench, it'll probably turn out to be them just arguing about what to have for the post-game meal.

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If we see any footage of Sid and Geno yelling at each other on the bench, it'll probably turn out to be them just arguing about what to have for the post-game meal.

I can't blame Sid, really. Not only is his superstition of the borderline-crippling variety but once you get something awesome at your favorite restaurant it's tough to try something else. Outside of stepping in a puddle right after changing into fresh socks there are few things quite so disappointing and upsetting as deviating from your favorite dish only for the thing you ordered to be gross.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I still think Dubas will move either Eller or Acciari. Acciari will be difficult. I actually hope Acciari rebounds to be a very good RW on the 4th line. Dubas has to have some cap space here for a move sometime this year up to the TDL. Interesting with the development and so many prospects now in the potential call up range, Dubas will have to move forward.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I still think Dubas will move either Eller or Acciari. Acciari will be difficult. I actually hope Acciari rebounds to be a very good RW on the 4th line. Dubas has to have some cap space here for a move sometime this year up to the TDL. Interesting with the development and so many prospects now in the potential call up range, Dubas will have to move forward.

Beauvillier - Hayes - Bemstrom
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Bottom six incoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad