Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
given the REALISTIC options available, I'm good with Boucher

Well yeah that too...right now the candidates really are a mix of meh retreads and green first-timers. After Bab and MacLellan nobody's really a slam dunk choice and that list may even be one too long. Maybe the Boucher rumors are a partial admission he can't really go after 'his' guys in Bylsma/Hines still under contract.

Honestly I'm more curious than anything else about this coaching hire cause it really will be the first major move for Shero barring something unexpected.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well yeah that too...right now the candidates really are a mix of meh retreads and green first-timers. After Bab and MacLellan nobody's really a slam dunk choice and that list may even be one too long. Maybe the Boucher rumors are a partial admission he can't really go after 'his' guys in Bylsma/Hines still under contract.

Honestly I'm more curious than anything else about this coaching hire cause it really will be the first major move for Shero barring something unexpected.

Actually two to long if you consider what Babcock's price tag was. Obviously a good coach but price....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Actually two to long if you consider what Babcock's price tag was. Obviously a good coach but price....

Yeah but that's a drop in the bucket for MLSE lol...not like it's going against their cap or anything either.

They're paying $30 million or whatever it is for a guy not to play for them (Horton), that's all you need to know about how many loonies they have over there :laugh:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Id be onboard with boucher, said that since the season ended. Don't know much about hynes, but heard only positive things.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah but that's a drop in the bucket for MLSE lol...not like it's going against their cap or anything either.

They're paying $30 million or whatever it is for a guy not to play for them (Horton), that's all you need to know about how many loonies they have over there :laugh:

True but I'm not sure I would of liked us paying that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
LoL Babcock just pulled a Clarkson. Who needs to rob a bank when you got the Toronto Maple Leafs just handing it out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LoL Babcock just pulled a Clarkson. Who needs to rob a bank when you got the Toronto Maple Leafs just handing it out.

images

Hah at least Babcock has a little more of a track record than Clarkson. But these Leafs do remind me of the pre-lockout Rangers...just throw money and buy the biggest names for every problem.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Boucher seems like another Deboer to me, too stubborn to change his system and blamed pretty much everything but his system.

Shero talks about opening up the offense and then goes after Boucher and his 1-3-1 ?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Boucher seems like another Deboer to me, too stubborn to change his system and blamed pretty much everything but his system.

Shero talks about opening up the offense and then goes after Boucher and his 1-3-1 ?

The thing people forget is he implemented a heavy forechecking system in Hamilton and Tampa until the defense and goaltending in Tampa couldn't keep up.

Then he switched to the 1-3-1. So if he truly was stubborn, he wouldn't have changed at all.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

We don't have the personnel yet to open it up offensively.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing people forget is he implemented a heavy forechecking system in Hamilton and Tampa until the defense and goaltending in Tampa couldn't keep up.

Then he switched to the 1-3-1. So if he truly was stubborn, he wouldn't have changed at all.

His time in Europe might of changed him as a coach a bit as well. Not every coach is a stagnant being that doesn't change.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We don't have the personnel yet to open it up offensively.

Yup...I'm looking at the next coach as temporary. Bring in a structure man in until you have the team rebuilt or at least in the image Shero wants.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

No you didn't! You just compare me to DeBoer? How you compare me to DeBoer? I have better playoff making percentage than DeBoer do!

And 1-3-1 provide much offense! Not my fault that Stevie Y sign cremated remain of Roloson and Garon to be my goaltender, or trade overpayment of 2nd round pick for that fat and slow oaf Blimpback! You don't think I have TB in the ECF right now if I'm coaching?

I bet you if TB playing 1-3-1 in this game, they don't just blow 2 goal lead to Rangers!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Boucher's three seasons in Tampa are eerily similar to Pete's first three seasons here.

Not that I'm super hot on any of the other coaching candidates, he may very well be the most competent of the name guys out there. But I'd almost prefer going into the woodwork and hiring a guy out of juniors/NCAA and giving them a shot than getting another retread.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Boucher's three seasons in Tampa are eerily similar to Pete's first three seasons here.

Not that I'm super hot on any of the other coaching candidates, he may very well be the most competent of the name guys out there. But I'd almost prefer going into the woodwork and hiring a guy out of juniors/NCAA and giving them a shot than getting another retread.

When your other choices are Disco Dan and Oates I'm definitely ok with it.

Plus I still think they want Stevens to stick around and learn and potentially take over at some point down the line. Not sure a college or Jrs coach fits that bill.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The experienced coaches available don't really thrill me all that much, so I wouldn't be opposed to giving a Junior/college/AHL coach a shot. I have no idea who that would be though.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

No you didn't! You just compare me to DeBoer? How you compare me to DeBoer? I have better playoff making percentage than DeBoer do!

And 1-3-1 provide much offense! Not my fault that Stevie Y sign cremated remain of Roloson and Garon to be my goaltender, or trade overpayment of 2nd round pick for that fat and slow oaf Blimpback! You don't think I have TB in the ECF right now if I'm coaching?

I bet you if TB playing 1-3-1 in this game, they don't just blow 2 goal lead to Rangers!

I forgot about his accent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad