Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess the Sabres want the biggest name left after getting rebuffed publicly by Babcock.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My main concern with Guy is that he didn't get along with the vets very well in Tampa. But that probably won't be as much of an issue here cause we don't have many high-profile vets, and the ones we do have are very low-maintenance anyway. He probably would be my top choice if I had a list, but I'm a bit ambivalent about the coaching search at this point...coaching only matters in terms of development and being competitive the next couple years anyway.

btw supposedly he turned down an assistant job in Toronto (a formality at this point) because he 'has other opportunities'...more smoke indicating fire.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm actually really happy now that BuffaLOL didn't get Babcock. Serves them right, shameless tanking bunch of ****s!

LOL U mad BuffaLOL?

And TG mentioned in the blog today with Shero that Paul MacLean is a candidate for us. Once again, what makes this guy so popular?

It seems any pissant connected to Babcock, is automatically christened into sainthood in NHL coaching.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm actually really happy now that BuffaLOL didn't get Babcock. Serves them right, shameless tanking bunch of ****s!

LOL U mad BuffaLOL?

And TG mentioned in the blog today with Shero that Paul MacLean is a candidate for us. Once again, what makes this guy so popular?

It seems any pissant connected to Babcock, is automatically christened into sainthood in NHL coaching.

You probably answered your own question lol...although Dave Lewis (a top Bowman lieutenant) was never heard from again after bombing in Boston. MacLean did get nominated for two straight Jack Adams awards so he probably should get another job, I'd rather it not be here though...word through the grapevine is he's basically a mustached version of Pete in terms of playing bad vets over kids.

Chere's gonna be screaming I told you sos if we hire MacLean, nevermind the fact that it's a new GM hiring him and he went solely off of player scuttlebutt.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My main concern with Guy is that he didn't get along with the vets very well in Tampa. But that probably won't be as much of an issue here cause we don't have many high-profile vets, and the ones we do have are very low-maintenance anyway. He probably would be my top choice if I had a list, but I'm a bit ambivalent about the coaching search at this point...coaching only matters in terms of development and being competitive the next couple years anyway.

btw supposedly he turned down an assistant job in Toronto (a formality at this point) because he 'has other opportunities'...more smoke indicating fire.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo and San Jose might give him a call too. Plus potential openings in Boston and St. Louis.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope the Sabres hire Brian Rolston to be head coach or some guy like that. Somebody with zero experience. They deserve to have Rex Ryan coaching their hockey team.

Maybe they can hire Dumbeor, so I can laugh my ass off.

Oates is available too!

I'd love for them to ask permission to speak with Mike Foligno. That way we rid our staff of the last worthless POS coach we still have on it, and BuffaLOL gets a terrible ass novice to coach their team. His son plays there, so I'm sure he'd love to coach there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo and San Jose might give him a call too. Plus potential openings in Boston and St. Louis.

I don't get what's going on in Boston...Julien's 'the coach today' lol, does that mean they're waiting on someone like Hitch to see if he reups in St. Louis? Who else would they be holding out for at this point? It seems like Hitch is probably going back to St. Louis but who knows, Babcock was going to Buffalo two days ago.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

LOL U mad BuffaLOL?

Babcock has never once coached a team as bad as Toronto and there aren't any tougher conditions in the league. I don't believe he has it in him to turn them around honestly. I wonder how long he gets before the hounds come looking for red meat.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Babcock has never once coached a team as bad as Toronto and there aren't any tougher conditions in the league. I don't believe he has it in him to turn them around honestly. I wonder how long he gets before the hounds come looking for red meat.

This is almost as precious as 'He's coming' with Clarkson.

babcock.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he'll turn around Toronto either.

Toronto is one of the more poorly run organizations IMO. Right down there with Edmonton.

I don't think the new regime there is gonna make things much better.

It's funny how the two hottest coaches both went to burning wastelands.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think he'll turn around Toronto either.

Toronto is one of the more poorly run organizations IMO. Right down there with Edmonton.

I don't think the new regime there is gonna make things much better.

It's funny how the two hottest coaches both went to burning wastelands.

To be fair, Shanahan and Chiarelli have a little more credibility than the previous dopes who made said places wastelands. Although Toronto had Brian Burke too and that didn't exactly work out either.

It is a little bit odd that Shanny was once coached by Babcock and now he's his boss.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
He'll get a season of excuses and after that "he's the worst coach ever", "he's a bum". It will be like Clarkson IMO. Babcock is a very good coach but Toronto is a very bad situation on a number of fronts. Granted, Shanahan does seem like he's trying to do things right but they are a long way off from being competitive again. As for us, I'd gladly take Boucher. Always a fan of his and I'd like to see him behind our bench so Cangy can yell SCAR every time he's on camera.

GhostofKenKlee

LOL U mad BuffaLOL?

I'm with you on Buffalol, I'm glad they didn't get rewarded or the sour grapes they cried over our pal Babcock.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clarkson will out score Jagr this year! You guys are just bitter! He's really worth $5 million +

Jesus that was stupid. I think the Leafs will miss the playoffs again and people will be calling for Babcock after this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Guy is mad that Lou never brought him in? He was bro's with Jacques! Lou never even throw him bone and give him assistant job! He give it to Foligno instead, while Guy sit unemployed!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

You know what happen to person who give me scar?

You really don't wanna know what happen to him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't care if we win 50 games next year i dont want a coach that plays 1-3-1. After watching the lighning last night i want to play THAT way.

Even if we don't have the horses, can we please, for the love of GOD, score some goals?

A system isn't going to make you score goals if you have the kind of 'talent' we do...Pete wasn't exactly a trap coach and they couldn't score goals with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad