Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
DeBoer in Buffalo would be such a trainwreck I'd pay to see it. Brian Gionta'd be getting 18-20 minutes a night and first-line PP time.

Honestly though I don't know where the Sabres are going at this point, they had all the eggs in that basket especially when Bab supposedly did verbally agree to the deal.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just hope to hell we don't hire Byslma. He really is a terrible coach.

GhostofKenKlee

I just hope to hell we don't hire Byslma. He really is a terrible coach.

Not a fan, of the Devils (no pun intended) we know I would love Hitchcock if he becomes available. From what I read about Hynes (Penguins won't release) or Blashill (whom looks to take the job in Detroit).

Or even a coach that can coach low event hockey and have this roster playing respectable hockey akin to the Hydra. With the right coach and moves, they can take a playoff spot.

GhostofKenKlee

DeBoer in Buffalo would be such a trainwreck I'd pay to see it. Brian Gionta'd be getting 18-20 minutes a night and first-line PP time.

Honestly though I don't know where the Sabres are going at this point, they had all the eggs in that basket especially when Bab supposedly did verbally agree to the deal.

I don't know how much of that is true re: verbally agreeing that just could be the Sabres saying it to save face. It's embarassing for them, from trading a competent goalie to finishing dead last intentionally to being spurred when money is no object.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 52m52 minutes ago
Guy Boucher spoke to #Devils about coaching vacancy. Preliminary discussions. Unclear what Shero intends to do.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 52m52 minutes ago
Guy Boucher spoke to #Devils about coaching vacancy. Preliminary discussions. Unclear what Shero intends to do.

He also spoke with Toronto as well...possible assistant or AHL coach..

I don't know how I'd feel if we hired him though..

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd be fine with Boucher, he got a bad wrap from coaching a really mediocre Lightning team with poor defense and poor goaltending.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Babcock to the Leafs In the name of the Father The
Son and Holy Spirt. Here in lies a once good Coach until he came to the leafs. Sorry Hockey Community.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's odd to even hear semi-credible rumors lol

I don't remember squat coming out before our last coaching search :laugh:

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
If JLemaire liked Boucher, I'm game.

Gives more time to #4 to teach the young D about positioning and smart play out fo the zone (if he comes back) as well as will allow the Forwards to not try to kill themselves with trying to keep up in the old cycle system that they couldn't execute anymore.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly it IS the first time Boucher's been available when we've had an opening though. Well not really counting before he became an NHL coach. It seems he didn't have an out in his Swiss contract till this year.

It doesn't exactly shock me if we are looking for defensive-minded coaches, really that's all this roster can play right now. So I guess not everything's changing overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad