Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And looks like Sean Burke to T.O could be another possibility. Shanny is not messing around this off-season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Babcock gets to be Toe Blake, GM/Coach careful what you wish for.

I thought the allure of McEichel would be his calling..

It looked like it yesterday, I guess having more power and a bigger ego trip trumped that

I do actually love the fact the Sabres got trolled hard though and by the Leafs of all teams

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Don't see why the coaching list becomes "short" for the Devils, they don't have to hire someone who has been let go recently. College coaches, AHL coaches, or if you want to get real creative and break a barrier in the nhl European coaches could be an option as well.

GhostofKenKlee

It looked like it yesterday, I guess having more power and a bigger ego trip trumped that

If you believed what you read here and on blogs. The owner and Murray were going to give him Carte Blanche to make roster moves ie callups and everything.

All things being equal, perhaps he realized that the Sabres were a gong show and it would be a hit to his reputation?

I mean he took the most high profile job in all of hockey, with all apologies to Montreal.

It's probably a GM/Coach position with Shanahan overseeing him. MAybe a guy like Sean Burke as an Assistant GM. It's very interesting...

GhostofKenKlee

Don't see why the coaching list becomes "short" for the Devils, they don't have to hire someone who has been let go recently. College coaches, AHL coaches, or if you want to get real creative and break a barrier in the nhl European coaches could be an option as well.

How do you know it's short?

You realize getting that the transisition of guys from NCAA to the pros is usually a disaster? It's one thing to be hard nose to kids, it's another to deal with guys who make money and have and done it all.

Ivan Hlinka was a disaster in Vancouver, the game is different and there is a reason why guys like Hartley, Crawford and Boucher go coach in Europe versus the other way around.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
How do you know it's short?

You realize getting that the transisition of guys from NCAA to the pros is usually a disaster? It's one thing to be hard nose to kids, it's another to deal with guys who make money and have and done it all.

Ivan Hlinka was a disaster in Vancouver, the game is different and there is a reason why guys like Hartley, Crawford and Boucher go coach in Europe versus the other way around.

No I was reading reactions on Twitter on things like options are running out for head coaches with tmac, Babcock gone, and obviously the Devils won't hire deboer. All I'm saying is Id be fine if they went with new blood over someone who has been fired.

GhostofKenKlee

No I was reading reactions on Twitter on things like options are running out for head coaches. All I'm saying is Id be fine if they went with new blood over someone who has been fired.

The reports I've read is that they are interested in new blood in Hynes. The problem is the Penguins are not interested in releasing him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No I was reading reactions on Twitter on things like options are running out for head coaches. All I'm saying is Id be fine if they went with new blood over someone who has been fired.

Honestly I think the only fired coaches we would be interested in haven't been fired yet, so I think its really possible we are looking for someone outside of the box so to speak.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just can't believe he wants to deal with that media nightmare there - even for that much money. Buffalo is on a way better trajectory imo and he could have had the media eating out of his hand.

Oh well.

Ego...if you win almost anywhere else you're still merely a great coach. If you win in Toronto you're a god

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Ego...if you win almost anywhere else you're still merely a great coach. If you win in Toronto you're a god

I mean he's really done everything else there is to do at this point. Take Anaheim to the finals, Win a Cup with Detroit, win b2b gold medals with Team Canada. Now he gets to go to Toronto and try to build his team from scratch possibly as coach/GM or hand pick his own GM all while making silly $. I don't blame him at all.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
I mean he's really done everything else there is to do at this point. Take Anaheim to the finals, Win a Cup with Detroit, win b2b gold medals with Team Canada. Now he gets to go to Toronto and try to build his team from scratch possibly as coach/GM or hand pick his own GM all while making silly $. I don't blame him at all.

have to agree. It's a huge challenge with the potential of a huge reward if you succeed, much less the pay. Don't blame him one bit.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Good way to sum it up - being able to win a Cup in Toronto would also be a huge feat.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Also, Hynes is sill coaching with WBS in the playoffs - I guess I would just like to hear any news but Devils fans, we're used to silence from the organization and then BOOM! we trade for Kovalchuk, Lou resigns as GM, Deboer fired, we hire the coaching hydra, we trade #9 for Cory, etc..

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Also, Hynes is sill coaching with WBS in the playoffs - I guess I would just like to hear any news but Devils fans, we're used to silence from the organization and then BOOM! we trade for Kovalchuk, Lou resigns as GM, Deboer fired, we hire the coaching hydra, we trade #9 for Cory, etc..

WBS was knocked out last week by HFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad