Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/601075533120671744

San Jose is out

NJ and Toronto the only teams to not say anything yet and still need a coach

That would be the ultimate Lou troll job to land Babcock.

Though it would've surely come out that the Devils had negotiated with the Wings to be able to speak with Babcock and there's no way our owners would offer Toronto crazy money.

I hold they decide to hold onto Kessel and Phaneuf and go for it next year vs. doing a rebuild since they have Babcock.

GhostofKenKlee

I'm glad those losers in Buffalo didn't get him. So much for all the praise they get from fans here about how they are turning the corner.:laugh:

All I need to see next is Eichel announce how important education is and will finish career at BU.

GhostofKenKlee

Babcock gets to be Toe Blake, GM/Coach careful what you wish for.

I thought the allure of McEichel would be his calling..

GhostofKenKlee

Shows that HF overrates the allure of one prospect. No matter who it is.

Exactly this.

McClellan I get, he lost his job and not for nothing, the jury is out on how much of what went down in SJ was on him versus Wilson. Now he gets a blank canvas with an aggressive GM in Edmonton.

Babcock, the hype to Buffalo was just unreal that the two best coaches wanted a chance to coach the Bird/Johnson and Gretzky/Lemieuxs of their time.

Goes to show you that money wasn't the only factor and neither was McEichel.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago
Mike Babcock will be the new head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs, source confirms

GhostofKenKlee

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 30s30 seconds ago
To make this day even crazier, Guy Boucher is meeting with TOR. Assistant coach?

ugh

Babcock GM-sometimes coach ala LL and Boucher his bench guy?

GhostofKenKlee

AM i missing something? Where Hitchcock and Julien released from their duties? All the Sudden there is talk of how Boston and St. Louis have openings.

GhostofKenKlee

Julien will be that's fairly well known.

Hitch will be if a better option becomes available.

He has to feel good knowing that a replacement is being shopped.

That would be my favorite to take over the Devils bench.

GhostofKenKlee

Ontario teacher's pension board is one of the largest if not the largest one on earth. A drop in the bucket to them.....

Edit: They sold to the largest Media Company in Canada....Still TML are a juggernaut cash cow...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
8 yrs 50m for a coach wow lol what a joke

Not like he's going to have a dead cap hit if they have to fire him :sarcasm:

This is one of the few ways for big markets like Toronto to get around the cap, just overpay the coach lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad