Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m2 minutes ago
Red Wings have called a press conference for 20 minutes from now.

Guess they aren't wasting any time announcing Blashill.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Has to get permission from Pitt, then see if he even wants it, then negotiate. Shero also only got back into the country this weekend.

I would target the end of the month as a time frame to have a coach in place. Now that Babcock is signed the rest should fall into place. Detroit will promote their AHL coach most likely and Hynes will be hired by the end of next week. That's my best guess anyway

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m2 minutes ago
Red Wings have called a press conference for 20 minutes from now.

Guess they aren't wasting any time announcing Blashill.
It only makes sense. He was my top target by a country mile for us, good move for Detroit. They get a quality coach and Holland gets to maintain control of roster

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would target the end of the month as a time frame to have a coach in place. Now that Babcock is signed the rest should fall into place. Detroit will promote their AHL coach most likely and Hynes will be hired by the end of next week. That's my best guess anyway

Ya there is no real rush as most of the current chips are in place. If we want someone like Hitch there is time for that if he gets booted, and doesn't seem anyone outside of Pitt is in on Hynes so we can negotiate at our leisure.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We all knew once Babcock fell a lot of other dominoes would fall. Pretty soon we'll be the only team left without a coach and can pick from the field lol

Maybe there's a little more clairty in Boston within the next few days since they hired a GM today (basically a Neely lackey I suppose, another ex-teammate). I don't get why Hitch would go back to St. Louis as a second choice, I guess he realizes they're the most talented team he could coach so might as well give it another kick at the can. Maybe this year they'll actually get him a real goaltender.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We all knew once Babcock fell a lot of other dominoes would fall. Pretty soon we'll be the only team left without a coach and can pick from the field lol

Maybe there's a little more clairty in Boston within the next few days since they hired a GM today (basically a Neely lackey I suppose, another ex-teammate). I don't get why Hitch would go back to St. Louis as a second choice, I guess he realizes they're the most talented team he could coach so might as well give it another kick at the can. Maybe this year they'll actually get him a real goaltender.

Ya I can see why Hitch would stay, but I do wonder why knowing they were ready to fire him for Babcock. That might still fall apart.

Not entirely sure if Boston affects us much because still pretty slim Julian is on our radar or him on ours.

Boucher still seems to be an option to if Shero and him were speaking about more then just the kids they were watching.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya I can see why Hitch would stay, but I do wonder why knowing they were ready to fire him for Babcock. That might still fall apart.

Not entirely sure if Boston affects us much because still pretty slim Julian is on our radar or him on ours.

Boucher still seems to be an option to if Shero and him were speaking about more then just the kids they were watching.

It would affect us if they (the Bruins) happen to be targeting someone on our radar. Although at this point who really knows who's on our radar other than the Pittsburgh AHL coach and the vague overseas Tweet about Boucher.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It would affect us if they (the Bruins) happen to be targeting someone on our radar. Although at this point who really knows who's on our radar other than the Pittsburgh AHL coach and the vague overseas Tweet about Boucher.

I mean I could see Boston calling Pete or someone else. It seems we are more likely to go off the radar a bit.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
First the Horton trade, now this.

Leafs really showing us what a "big market" means.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

Will that solve the problem of Oshie, Steen, Backes, and Schwartz combining for 29 points in their last 69 playoff games combined?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Holland speaking to the media now...Blashill not official 'yet' but apparently his list of people to talk to is only 2-3 names.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's just a media conference to react to the Babcock deal since he was going to get a ton of questions anyway

Yeah plus he was there ten years.

If you're listening to the press conference he did intimate he wanted Blashill and the players on Grand Rapids to be focused on their playoff run so that's probably another reason why he isn't naming him coach now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah plus he was there ten years.

If you're listening to the press conference he did intimate he wanted Blashill and the players on Grand Rapids to be focused on their playoff run so that's probably another reason why he isn't naming him coach now.

Would be great if they hired Pete or someone and we could snag Blashill, but I'm fine if Shero is set on Hynes.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Does he believe if he surrounds Kessel with 5 head coaches that he will become "coachable"?

My guess is Babcock will be off the bench and in the front office in a couple years...that's why the high powered assistants.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My guess is Babcock will be off the bench and in the front office in a couple years...that's why the high powered assistants.

That's a lot of money to give to someone to be a suit.

I think they're just overpaying coaches cause they're too capped out to overpay players :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad