Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
Shero and ownership might be looking to make a huge splash. Hiring the highest paid coach ever is one way to do it.

Not sure if it would be the right move, or if he would even come here...but it might be along their line of thinking.

i agree 1000%, reading all these interviews on how ownership is investing everything into the team with no expense makes me wonder if they would make that giant splash and babs would be the first boulder thrown into the lake. would he fit or be the right guy for the job? im 50/50 but like i said it would be very interesting to show the hockey world that we are not ****ing around anymore

GhostofKenKlee

According to everyone's favorite native son of Maple Shade, NJ. Dwayne Kessel has Babcock to Toronto, Buffalo or NJ horse race with the Flyers/Bruins out of it.

DeBoer to Philly or Toronto I'm calling it....McClellan to Toronto or Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
If we get Babcock, and I don't see that happening, it will certainly provide proof that ownership is going to be VERY focused on winning and doing it for the long haul. Yes, they have stated this but it would be a very good thing to see from a fan perspective. Hell, even if word gets out we made him a good offer and he declined, that's good enough really. What more can you ask for? That being said, I like the tone that ownership has been putting out lately and it's hard to deny the moves they are beginning to make aren't encouraging.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I'm not going to get my hopes up for Babcock (because, while I'm an optimist, I try not to set myself up for disappointment--it's a delicate balance, lol), but if--BIG IF, obviously--he did come here, it would be a pretty huge endorsement of our young defense in my opinion and a sign that Shero and ownership did a good job selling a vision of this team's future to him. That would be very cool even if it only happens in a fantasy land in my head. :D

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Echoing the last few posts, getting Babcock would be a huge win for this team beyond just hiring one of the best coaches in the league.

- The owners mean business
- Shero proves himself an effective GM
- Babcock feels he can win here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had the worst nightmare in a LONG time last night, and this has absolutely been a week filled with nightmares EVERY night!

Ownership and Shero rehired DeBoer. Then it was also leaked that ownership forced Lou out as GM because he fired DeBoer last season. And I guess ownership didn't like that and they really liked DeBoer.:laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I had the worst nightmare in a LONG time last night, and this has absolutely been a week filled with nightmares EVERY night!

Ownership and Shero rehired DeBoer. Then it was also leaked that ownership forced Lou out as GM because he fired DeBoer last season. And I guess ownership didn't like that and they really liked DeBoer.:laugh:

Maybe Deboer wins WHC Gold and they second guess themselves.:laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe Deboer wins WHC Gold and they second guess themselves.:laugh:
You're already prepping me for more nightmares 12 hours before I even go to sleep Lukester!:laugh:
Actually has a rehiring ever happened right after a firing before the season starts?

It sounds like something that's had to have happened somewhere in some sport before.

I don't know of any examples personally though.

Why do I keep thinking Steinbrenner did it to Billy Martin?

Ah Billy Martin's managerial stints were 4 years apart from what I've found.

Lou did it with Robinson and then brought back Ftorek to coach Albany too. These instances were multiple years apart. Lou did rehire Robinson as an assistant like a month after he was fired as head coach in 02.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
You're already prepping me for more nightmares 12 hours before I even go to sleep Lukester!:laugh:

It sounds like something that's had to have happened somewhere in some sport before.

I don't know of any examples personally though.

Why do I keep thinking Steinbrenner did it to Billy Martin?

Ah Billy Martin's managerial stints were 4 years apart from what I've found.

Lou did it with Robinson and then brought back Ftorek to coach Albany too. These instances were multiple years apart. Lou did rehire Robinson as an assistant like a month after he was fired as head coach in 02.

I found this article about a Yankee coach. He was fired and rehired five times.
http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2003503_2003501_2003497,00.html

He was killed on Christmas Day. Negotiations for a sixth rehiring were taking place.

Just a clip of the article.
"George Steinbrenner was notorious for changing up his staff. From 1973 to 1990, 19 managers came and went; so did five team presidents, 15 pitching coaches and 13 general managers. But no one was hired and fired more than Billy Martin"

That has to be a record.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Echoing the last few posts, getting Babcock would be a huge win for this team beyond just hiring one of the best coaches in the league.

- The owners mean business
- Shero proves himself an effective GM
- Babcock feels he can win here

Free Agents could feel more attracted to sign here?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I would be totally SHOCKED as would the rest of the hockey world if Babcock decided to come to NJ. Which is why i dont believe its going to happen. Unless his wife really like New York.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I found this article about a Yankee coach. He was fired and rehired five times.
http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2003503_2003501_2003497,00.html

He was killed on Christmas Day. Negotiations for a sixth rehiring were taking place.

Just a clip of the article.
"George Steinbrenner was notorious for changing up his staff. From 1973 to 1990, 19 managers came and went; so did five team presidents, 15 pitching coaches and 13 general managers. But no one was hired and fired more than Billy Martin"

That has to be a record.
Haha I thought so!

The 4 years in between stints thing was just lazy skimming from me:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would be totally SHOCKED as would the rest of the hockey world if Babcock decided to come to NJ. Which is why i dont believe its going to happen. Unless his wife really like New York.

I would be less shocked if DeBoer was rehired by us!:sarcasm:

Seriously though, there's been a lot of speculation with Babcock going to Buffalo.

I would have thought that was crazy in the past, but we've been seeing a lot of strange WTF!? things like that actually happening lately. I can't believe Todd McLellan might actually be taking the job in Edmonton too. Why are these loser destinations so desirable all of the sudden? Especially Edmonton, which has been a burning and infected pile of puss for the last 10 years.

Place is already so far FUBAR'd, that I don't even see them being able to make a lucky run to get into the playoffs.

I want someone a little more experienced, just like I wanted a more experienced GM after Lou was gone. We got exactly that with Shero. Now we just need a comparable coach.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would have thought that was crazy in the past, but we've been seeing a lot of strange WTF!? things like that actually happening lately. I can't believe Todd McLellan might actually be taking the job in Edmonton too. Why are these loser destinations so desirable all of the sudden? Especially Edmonton, which has been a burning and infected pile of puss for the last 10 years.

I'll give you one guess...hint it's the same reason why you saw infinitely more actual tanking this year than in most other seasons.

GhostofKenKlee

Why can't see like Jersey? Why does she have to like NYC or bust? IT's like when players with families sign in Philly they end up liking Jersey because that's where they live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad