GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Tkachuk is learning how to create offence from defence. Give it a bit, he was way deeper in the defensive zone. It’s a good thing. Chabot is far more physical, it will take time to figure out his game. This game was a good stepping stone.

Reactions: GoSenatorsGo

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
100 points 2 seasons ago and the norris

top 10 d pair last season on a "down" season.

when has chabot ever been worth his contract?

also we need someone who can slow the game down and playmake, that's the biggest reason you should prefer Karlsson.

like even if Chabot was the better player right now, which he isn't, karlsson style of play would still benefit this team more than chabots style of play.
2 games in and we're already back to EK trade talk.

f*** me.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Slowing down seems to be his forte these days.

we have more than enough young fast legs to compensate for that. we just need more high end thinkers.

this team has basically sanderson as that, maybe Stutzle.

that's not enough.

chabot skates fast and can dangle coast to coast, how has that been working out for us?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
we have more than enough young fast legs to compensate for that. we just need more high end thinkers.

that's not enough.

chabot skates fast and can dangle coast to coast, how has that been working out for us?

You probably don’t want to hear this but Brady Tkachuk is a high end thinker.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
i have no problem admitting we suck, you just seem to love to pump the habs tires at our expense

No. In this particular case, I was talking about small players so I would have used 2 small players of any other team if they were the 2 stars that pretty much beat us in the game

You just have a bit of a paranoia with this. It's also ok to recognize that others have a better situation than ours. I would trade the Sens whole organization for the Stars, for example.

dude just put on the habs jersey already, we know its in your closet talking to you like the green goblin

Funnily, I was probably a Sens fan before you were even born lmao. It's going to be 30 years soon damn

Montreal is such an awesome city, it’s really unfortunate the Habs play there.

Yeah Montreal is awesome but damn it's starting to be crowded. Roads kinda suck though

I struggle considering it awesome.

It is a dump. It does have a lot of people so lots of cool stuff happens but what an ugly city filled with pretentious assholes.

EDIT: to be clear, Ottawa and Gatineau are even worse. At least we aren't begging everyone to consider us a world class city.

Your opinion. What I constantly hear from people visiting Montreal regularly is how nice people are. It's a multi-cultural city (like nobody is born here) with over 200 000 college students. It's a very young city.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

that's not enough.

We need more guys who are willing to get into the dirty areas, more guys who can exit the zone cleanly, more guys who play with heart.

There's a lot missing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We need more guys who are willing to get into the dirty areas, more guys who can exit the zone cleanly, more guys who play with heart.

There's a lot missing.

The way to beat Montreal is through north-south play.

Batherson thought he could pirouette through the team.

Tkachuk coasting around.

Giroux showing up for the last half of the last period.

MacEwan got Hutson to cough up the puck just by skating really fast near him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really like Ullmark's dedications to Sens goalies past. Lalime's Martian on his helmet, Matt Murray-like performance in a road game.
Hard to blame Ullmark for that loss.

Yeah the Caufield 2-0 goal was not great but that was an elite shot and he looked like he was going to pass. Credit to Caulfield.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I thought Giroux looked slow in the preseason. Didn’t think much of it becuase preseason and all but I worry this is the year he drops off. It’s early and I’m sure he will have his big moments but it seems different.
He plays like that this season and he is not getting another contract

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I watched the game. Sens didn’t generate a lot of good chances but seriously anyone thinking they weren’t the better team by far needs help.
This is going to be my new “but we scored on the power play against the flyers” from last year.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
bruh its not even possible anymore, Nyquil just got me started on it randomly.

but I was right, CLEARLY, should be beyond clear by now. so why should i say otherwise.
1000002189.gif

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
The way to beat Montreal is through north-south play.

Batherson thought he could pirouette through the team.

Tkachuk coasting around.

Giroux showing up for the last half of the last period.
And what was with Giroux's hands tonight? Heeling the puck making a pass from the blue line during a power play, dropping his stick in a board battle. He was playing like he'd gotten a novocaine shot in his wrists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad