GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
No. Not at all. No one is. But let's be real. CMac is not getting fired two f***ing games into a season. that would be absolutely ridiculous, and is clearly just an emotional overreaction.

I don’t think anyone (but George) needs to be fired. However, like I said before, if they insist that George is their guy and he continues to tank the team they should go.

Reactions: katfude

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Right or wrong… this is how the Avs have thought about it. This is two horrific games in a row to start after a preseason that wasn’t inspiring. It’s a tough spot. I’d expect the Avs to give George a game or two off and then go back to the well, but if anybody plays well they should stick with that guy.
Can't wait for the deadline when we pay a price jacked up higher than Nuke on a Friday night.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think their patience is wearing thin, otherwise they wouldn't have jumped on Kahkonen as a possible solution (even if short term)
Today should be the last straw, but I just saw the quote by Bednar and it is very disappointing. At the very least, Alexandar should be scratched for a week because all his problems are mental at this point. All the awful goals he let in are due to a lack of mentality and not because of a lack of talent. However, as others have posted on here, he might simply be broken in an Avs sweater. He might rebound elsewhere, but definitely not here.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
If we have Lehky, Val, Drouin and Landy back, or even if not Landy for little while longer, just having those other 3 back will mean the Avs will control the game more, will allow less scoring chances against because again, those players we are missing are top defensive forwards, specially Lehky and Val. Even with bad goaltending that should eliminate some of this goals against and result in wins. Look what lineup we have out there and combine that with bad goaltending, no surprise at all we’re losing
You don’t want your team to bail out goaltending. You want it to be the other way around when it’s bad. Good offense bailing out shit goaltending is a great recipe for being a one round and done team for a long long time.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is it really Bednar’s fault for saying Georgiev is our starter? Looks like Annunen isn’t the guy either. I was hoping he would be but doesn’t look like it. Or are we gonna rely on waiver pick up now? The only way to fix the goaltending is to trade for one, so this is more on CMac than Bednar

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

0-3 here we come

3g8z0qvv6ft61.gif

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
No. Not at all. No one is. But let's be real. CMac is not getting fired two f***ing games into a season. that would be absolutely ridiculous, and is clearly just an emotional overreaction.
Don't think people being upset about it and calling him out about it is exactly "Fire CMac" but I'd love to see his seat get considerably warmer.

We are squandering the window of two (possibly 3 if you count Mikko) Avalanche greats because we know they can score. I'd rather them spend Manson's money on a more expensive goaltender and roll with someone else on defense.

It's just not fun anymore watching the team deflate after terrible goals are scored.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don’t think anyone (but George) needs to be fired. However, like I said before, if they insist that George is their guy and he continues to tank the team they should go.
I wouldn't mind firing the bastard that keeps putting him out there as the starter. How many more f***ing games do we have to watch George f*** us over before this POS is benched? When we miss home ice advantage in the playoffs by <6 points, this shit won't be funny.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Is it really Bednar’s fault for saying Georgiev is our starter? Looks like Annunen isn’t the guy either. I was hoping he would be but doesn’t look like it. Or are we gonna rely on waiver pick up now? The only way to fix the goaltending is to trade for one, so this is more on CMac than Bednar

Bednar isn't going to go off about players to the media anyway, that's not his MO. Plus no point in doing that because Georgiev's confidence is probably in the shitter as it is. Slamming him probably isn't going to help (or slamming Annunen either.)

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is it really Bednar’s fault for saying Georgiev is our starter
Bednar should definitely say that in the public light. But it is absolutely his fault that he keeps playing him. I lost on a 177-dollar bet because of him tonight, but disregarding that personal stuff, Avs has set a franchise record in terms of goals allowed and Georgiev is the main reason why.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
alright fellow pissed off can’t agree that goaltending on this team is f***ed folks. Time to call it a night. Should be nice to have the best goalie in franchise history come into town too only to see how embarrassing goaltending has become in this org. Fun times 🙄

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only one starting to wonder how bad this season is going to get? Avalanche are spread too thin on depth and goaltending. Starting to wonder what a Rantanen trade might look like.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Bednar isn't going to go off about players to the media anyway, that's not his MO. Plus no point in doing that because Georgiev's confidence is probably in the shitter as it is. Slamming him probably isn't going to help (or slamming Annunen either.)
They have coddled his fragile ass since he got here and he's only gotten worse. Put him on blast. Turn the heat up. What's he's going to do? Play worse? LMAO

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar should definitely say that in the public light. But it is absolutely his fault that he keeps playing him. I lost on a 177-dollar bet because of him tonight, but disregarding that personal stuff, Avs has set a franchise record in terms of goals allowed and Georgiev is the main reason why.
Annunen hasn’t been any better when he came in to relieve Georgiev. Bednar doesn’t have many options right now

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad