OT: Ottawa food thread!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Based on my single experience having one, the main difference is the sauce, which is sweet. On the pita, other than the meat, you have some onions and tomatoes. The sauce takes the sting out of the onions nicely.
That sounds like Romeo's to me!

Sweet sauce instead of garlic and it was more on a small pita, not wrapped up in one.

Reactions: DrEasy

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Lunergans on Montreal Road, best wings in Ottawa. Excellent price too!

Fritomania on St-Joseph, re-opening up tomorrow! Can't wait to hit it up. Best poutine in Ottawa!

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Paréa on 10th Line Road in Orleans just opened. If you like Greek on Wheels this place will bring you to your knees. Easy tell for a Greek joint in the quality of the feta and this is 💯

Also nice to have a quality alternative to shawarma finally. The pork gyro meat is next level and probably the best tzatziki I've ever had.

Couldn't recommend enough

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Is there like a famous spot in Ottawa that you is a must go if you’re a tourist? Something that Ottawa is especially known for?

I think I have to put my money where my mouth is and fly down to Ottawa from Edmonton to catch a week’s worth of games, would like to make a little vacation out of it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is there like a famous spot in Ottawa that you is a must go if you’re a tourist? Something that Ottawa is especially known for?

I think I have to put my money where my mouth is and fly down to Ottawa from Edmonton to catch a week’s worth of games, would like to make a little vacation out of it.
Depends on the time of the year.. Just a few touristy things top of my head:

- in the winter, a skate on the Rideau canal, maybe during Winterlude
- in the fall, a trip to Gatineau park
- in the summer: festivals: Bluesfest, Jazzfest, CityFolk
- downtown: the market area, parliament hill (when it's not occupied), have a drink at hotel Chateau Laurier
- museums: National Gallery, especially if they have a good exhibit in the summer, Canadian Museum of History (formerly known as Museum of Civilizations), and apparently the War Museum is good though I haven't checked it out yet myself.
- lots of nature never too far, lots of parks, lakes
- the restaurant scene is underrated, check out some of the recommendations in this thread
- nightlife won't rival Montreal, plus I'm old and boring now, so I wouldn't know what to recommend. I wasted my youth at Zaphod's but it's gone now.

Reactions: Cosmix and Rob

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Went to Savoy the other night, really enjoyed it there. Their happy hour specials are decent too - $5 pints with microbrewery options, $8 calamari/poutine.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Heartbreakers, pizza nerds, and farinella are at the top of fancy pizza for me.

Toppers probably my go to chain.

Not a fan of Louis or Gabriel's.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Pita Bell Kebab on Carling is incredible, haven't been in a little while but they used to do steak cut fries with adana spices which were sooooo good

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Heartbreakers, pizza nerds, and farinella are at the top of fancy pizza for me.

Toppers probably my go to chain.

Not a fan of Louis or Gabriel's.
toppers is one of the shittiest pizzas i have ever had in my life. everything is low quality.
Gabriel's is not great. Milano's is decent.
Parma Ravioli on Wellington make amazing Focaccia style pizza. I think they only sell slices but when they throw it in to warm it up the bottom gets crispy and they use very good quality ingrediants for toppings. Unfortunately becayse of covid and lack of government employees they dont seem to make them anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad