OT: Ottawa food thread!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Heartbreakers, pizza nerds, and farinella are at the top of fancy pizza for me.

Toppers probably my go to chain.

Not a fan of Louis or Gabriel's.

Toppers with some unexpected love.

Not sure I'd ever go there for a "regular" pizza, but the odd Chicken Ceasar or BBQ Chicken on a Toppers Tuesday really hits the spot!

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Up 11-10 at the half, against the two-time defending Champs, in their barn, with two huge mistakes and a pretty weak PI call

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Two former Hamilton QBs fighting it out & the defending champs win it again.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Heartbreakers, pizza nerds, and farinella are at the top of fancy pizza for me.

Toppers probably my go to chain.

Not a fan of Louis or Gabriel's.
Alrighty…Toppers is on the way based on your recommendation.

Let’s see…

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Alrighty…Toppers is on the way based on your recommendation.

Let’s see…
Ok Topper’s review incoming.

First, I effed up and order thick crust. Wtf did I do.

Anyways, thick crust margarita. And, because my daughter and her friends wanted Gabriel, there was an opportunity to have a comparison.

Gabriel’s was good as always. Solid. Greasy, but I don’t mind a little grease because that tells me we have proper cheese.

The big difference was the tomato sauce. While Gabriel’s was tangy, Topper’s tasted genuine. Thick crust was well cooked and had a good dough. But the sauce was the major diffeeence and I think Toppers will be the new chain pizza around here. Thanks @playasRus !

Ordered the dessert pizza which made everyone’s eyes roll back. Basically an apple crumble on pizza dough with cinnamon drizzle. Damn that was good! Italians have Nutella pizza, but this was an excellent dessert pizza! Because it was 25$ got a free order of bread sticks which once again represented how good the dough is.

Happy with that pizza!

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok Topper’s review incoming.

First, I edged up and order thick crust. Wtf did I do.

Anyways, thick crust margarita. And, because my daughter and her friends wanted Gabriel, there was an opportunity to have a comparison.

Gabriel’s was good as always. Solid. Greasy, but I don’t mind a little grease because that tells me we have proper cheese.

The big difference was the tomato sauce. While Gabriel’s was tangy, Topper’s tasted genuine. Thick crust was well cooked and had a good dough. But the sauce was the major diffeeence and I think Toppers will be the new chain pizza around here. Thanks @playasRus !

Ordered the dessert pizza which made everyone’s eyes roll back. Basically an apple crumble on pizza dough with cinnamon drizzle. Damn that was good! Italians have Nutella pizza, but this was an excellent dessert pizza! Because it was 25$ got a free order of bread sticks which once again represented how good the dough is.

Happy with that pizza!
Toppers has been our go to for chain pizza since they opened years ago. For an inexpensive pie, I don't think they can be beat.

Reactions: coladin

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
For me Toppers is about as good as Delissio. If you can find the right Pizza Pizza place who make it well it is by far better for a cheap pizza. There are 2 near my house and one I never go to because they suck at making it where as the other actually makes it well and cooks it right. Same goes for Milano's, one makes it really well and the other makes it soggy in the middle.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For me Toppers is about as good as Delissio. If you can find the right Pizza Pizza place who make it well it is by far better for a cheap pizza. There are 2 near my house and one I never go to because they suck at making it where as the other actually makes it well and cooks it right. Same goes for Milano's, one makes it really well and the other makes it soggy in the middle.
I got it from Barrhaven and they nailed it tonight.

Reactions: Stylizer1

NewfieSens

Nothin like a Newfie
Jan 24, 2013
Where's the best restaurant/bar in Ottawa to go with the most Sens memorabilia? Visiting from Newfoundland and want to see some Ottawa stuff!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where's the best restaurant/bar in Ottawa to go with the most Sens memorabilia? Visiting from Newfoundland and want to see some Ottawa stuff!
Welcome to Ottawa buddy, I'll let someone else pipe in since it's most likely they know more about the restaurants in town than I do but there are plenty down in the market. Enjoy your stay.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tried the Grand Pizzeria in the market.

Product and ingredients absolutely delicious. Sadly, all the pizzas were a little undercooked. I usually ask for my pizza to be well done, and I will tell them to leave it in a minute longer. I didn’t and should have. But I will have it again

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00