OT: Ottawa food thread!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Also, do you guys know of any place that's a bit like the Arlo, in spirit at least? Like... Arlo, but more in the Wood-Oven Pizza/Pasta/Chicken range instead of Duck?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
How about Ramen guys? Any Ramen fans in here? Where can we get the best authentic RAMEN in Ottawa???

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Where is this taco place?
It's on the corner of google and get off ur ass. :laugh:

Seriously though, it's in a really awkward place. It's technically not on Somerset but you can see it and access it from there. It's behind an apartment building on top of a parking garage. There are stairs from somerset to get up there but would imagine you could drive up there if you went around the other way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Loach and playasRus

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Made in chicago is amazing great pizza place. just had the chicago deep dish classic and probably is the best pizza I've had in ottawa. It's sauce on top true chicago style, never thought I would like that kind of pizza but wow it's good

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Quick tip for Shore Club, they have a delicious Port Jus you can order for your steak. It's a non-menu item.
I believe we had it! Quality place and it seems like everyone is making the steaks the same way lately, the even sear. That is three steakhouses thta i have been to lately : Chop, Harmon's and now Shore Club, and they go through great pains to explain the process.

Of the three, I thinkI preferred the Shore Club ribeye the most

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’ve visited Ottawa 4 or 5 times (would hang with a buddy for a week and head to Montobello Rockfest when that was still a thing), and the one spot I had to visit every time was Pub Italia. They have one of the greatest appies ever - the “Tasty Little Bastards” - deep fried ravioli with a chipotle sauce. So friggin good.

Beer menu is pretty impressive.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I need a name can't find on Google.
Hmm... I haven't been for a while now, it's possible they closed or moved. Don't recall the name of the place, just that it was basically a hole the wall type of establiment. My brother in law ordered some last Christmas for a get together so they were still around then but I can't find them either... Sucks if they closed.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Any good places to eat in Gatineau?

I was back in Ottawa-Gatineau for a month and one place I highly recommend is Sans-Façon. They have great cocktails, great atmosphere and amazing food. A bit up there in price but it's a great spot. Definitely worth a try. It's also relatively busy which is always nice.

Sushi - Haru Izakaya is IMO the best Sushi in Gatineau (although there isn't that much competition) they're probably one of the best one in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. Their sushi chef used to work at Tomo which is a good spot on Clarence.

As others have said Cellier is great spot, especially for tartare. Clandestin is definitely a good spot as well can vouch for these 2.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Hmm... I haven't been for a while now, it's possible they closed or moved. Don't recall the name of the place, just that it was basically a hole the wall type of establiment. My brother in law ordered some last Christmas for a get together so they were still around then but I can't find them either... Sucks if they closed.
ah darn. I had high hopes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad