Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
already down 1-0 and only one shot on goal in first 10 mins

make it 2-0 after 9:42

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Stick a fork in them fellas.

The 67's had some zip in the latter half of the first period dominating the 4 on 4 but is all she wrote folks. Mediocre second period and costly giveaways and clearing resulted in bang, bang! Two Peterborough goals and at 4-1 it's gonna take snowballs chance!

The 67's have completed a major choke job !

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

The 67's had some zip in the latter half of the first period dominating the 4 on 4 but is all she wrote folks. Mediocre second period and costly giveaways and clearing resulted in bang, bang! Two Peterborough goals and at 4-1 it's gonna take snowballs chance!

I was agreeing with you but so glad this didn't age well....holy fu.....sh...🤯

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
The scoring balance today made a difference. Nine players had points, with Marrelli and Morrison standing out. Once the ball started rolling downhill for the Petes in the third, they had no answer. Add in two "imminent goals" batted out of the crease by defencemen (one for Ottawa, too) and the margin could have been wider.

Special note to the two refs who missed a brutal boarding on Stonehouse in the third. That is a very dangerous, unnecessary play.

Also, can the Petes please break out petty cash and buy Spearing a new neckguard? He loses his at least twice a period. In the third, a 67 stepped on it and skidded out. Just unprofessional. Once in a while is OK, but twice a period?

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Listened to Kenny as I was driving to Windsor and then on to Chicago tomorrow. Coming back on Monday so will be listening to Kenny again. If they win on Monday, I will need to go to my truck on Tuesday and listen to Kenny as opposed to watch the game!

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
And, yet again, the OHL is trying to drive a spike into live action hockey. Two minutes left and, after a brilliant comeback from 3 goals down, Ottawa scored on a bar down shot (or deflection. whatever). Everybody lines up, the crowd is cheering, the Petes are ready to go to equalize. Do we face off? No, that would be too easy. We have to have a booth review for offside. What a joke.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
And, yet again, the OHL is trying to drive a spike into live action hockey. Two minutes left and, after a brilliant comeback from 3 goals down, Ottawa scored on a bar down shot (or deflection. whatever). Everybody lines up, the crowd is cheering, the Petes are ready to go to equalize. Do we face off? No, that would be too easy. We have to have a booth review for offside. What a joke.
But who called for the review? If the Petes thought it would save them they might have called for the review to rest players at least or get the goal disallowed

see what happens when this team is double digits in shots

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Listened to Kenny as I was driving to Windsor and then on to Chicago tomorrow.
Brave man driving through Chicago. Do not and I repeat do not make a wrong turn anywhere. Just don't get off the interstate lol

Reminds of the time I got lost in Oakland. It was December and I had just finished playing pickup at some downtown arena there. I could not find the on ramp to the bloody interstate to get back to Napa Valley. Even the gas stations there had bars and safety glass all around it so it was like Fort Knox. Asking for directions was useless. Got an education on culture that day. Passed streets like Martin Luther King, Market Street etc....and all these dudes hanging out on street corners and they were not waiting for the school bus. lol It had very few cars. lol. Finally some nice brother man gave me accurate directions to get back on the freeway. Very grateful. Honestly at that point I didn't care if I ended up in Vegas I just wanted the f*** out of there as it was getting dark lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Larionov

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Brave man driving through Chicago. Do not and I repeat do not make a wrong turn anywhere. Just don't get off the interstate lol

Reminds of the time I got lost in Oakland. It was December and I had just finished playing pickup at some downtown arena there. I could find the on ramp to the bloody interstate to get back to Napa Valley. Even the gas stations there had bars and safety glass all around it so it was like Fort Knox. Asking for directions was useless. Got an education on culture that day. Passed streets like Martin Luther King, Market Street etc....and all these dudes hanging out on street corners and they were not waiting for the school bus. lol It had very few cars. lol. Finally some nice brother man gave me accurate directions to get back on the freeway. Very grateful. Honestly at that point I didn't care if I ended up in Vegas I just wanted the f*** out of there as it was getting dark lol
I felt every bit of this story - reminded me of a very similar experience I had getting lost driving around Washington, DC. There are nice parts of DC, which very quickly and suddenly become the not so nice parts...

Reactions: Race Dawg

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Reminds of the time I got lost in Oakland. It was December and I had just finished playing pickup at some downtown arena there. I could find the on ramp to the bloody interstate to get back to Napa Valley. Even the gas stations there had bars and safety glass all around it so it was like Fort Knox. Asking for directions was useless. Got an education on culture that day. Passed streets like Martin Luther King, Market Street etc....and all these dudes hanging out on street corners and they were not waiting for the school bus. lol It had very few cars. lol. Finally some nice brother man gave me accurate directions to get back on the freeway. Very grateful. Honestly at that point I didn't care if I ended up in Vegas I just wanted the f*** out of there as it was getting dark lol

Gotta go through Detroit first!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Huh. And you sound like such a brave and street smart guy too. I’m actually in Chicago now. I sure do hope I can make it out.

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
At the game today...
Whatever happens, this was great.
The mood at the end of the second was... the season was over.
The swing in momentum in the third was incredible and so great to experience.

Seems to me to me the Petes time out was really bad judgement.
Just gave 67s more momentum when Peterborough still had the lead?

Reactions: Larionov

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Huh. And you sound like such a brave and street smart guy too. I’m actually in Chicago now. I sure do hope I can make it out.
Brave? Nope hardly. Just wanted a game of pickup. But I'm not sure if you are being funny or whatever but I lived in Nor Cal for 5 years. Never went back to Oakland after that. It was much safer in Sonoma than down there.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I felt every bit of this story - reminded me of a very similar experience I had getting lost driving around Washington, DC. There are nice parts of DC, which very quickly and suddenly become the not so nice parts...
…Orlando, New Orleans, Thunder Bay, Indianapolis, Winnipeg, Minneapolis, Halifax …I’ll guess Edmonton

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014

you must feel like a clown , reading some of your posts , post games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad