Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Mike Hoffman (4 years, $5.1875M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Sens are a budget team with an internal budget as well, even I can tell you that as a Habs fan, I can even give you proof such as Melnyk quotes. As for them not having money go sign Hoffman, I doubt anyone knew the answer to that...

So the team with a budget... Has an internal budget... Hmmmm. :laugh:

Mad Brills*

leafs have been a joke since 2004, ottawa has been irrelevant since 2012, save one series win.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Mentally weak player. He will mail it in now and never score 20 again.

You would think a mentally weak player would pack er' in after being told he can't even hack it in junior and being cut from team to team. No, Hoffman played through it, won MVP of the QMJHL, and succeeded in being drafted as an over-aged player.

Or he would pack his bags after struggling and being called out in all of junior, AHL and NHL for not playing up to expectations. No, Hoffman got better after every year, in every league, when teams had all but given up on him.

It seems to me Hoffman has the markings of a very mentally strong player.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Not resigning him would have been insane after they aquired Brass. Ott is going for it the next 5 years so EK is resigning when his contract is up. Just barely making the playoff or not making it isnt good enough if they wanna be sure EK is staying

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You sure thought you did. They werent going to let him walk or go to arbritration sucks for you guys i know.

No Habs fans expected Hoffman to sign with the habs because the sens would be highly unlikely to trade him within the division if they wouldn't want to sign him. Young RFA, that's most likely out of the division and the conference.

Fair contract nonetheless, not great but certainly not bad. Just about in the ballpark of where it should be imo.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza all left because either he wasn't willing to either pay them what they were worth or he'd shipped off one of the others because of this and left them with less and less options.

lol that has literally zero with why Heatley left.

Alfredsson left because he felt insulted - the Sens offered him more than he took in Detroit, it was just too late of a gesture.

Spezza left for several reasons, and yeah, that likely was one of them.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Fair deal, and a very good one if he continues to improve. I am not in love with Hoff's game, and it worries me having both him and Bobby in our top 6 given that they both tend to slow down as the season winds down, but I think the addition of Boucher will really give him a chance to shine. Could hit 65-70 points this year.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I like how Ottawa still gets chirped for being cheap despite the fact that they constantly disappoint non fans by signing players who they thought weren't going to be signed. Ottawa is even overpaying two of their players but apparently they still are cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad