Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Mike Hoffman (4 years, $5.1875M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Yay :)

Excited to see what he can do with Boucher. Remember, this is the guy who almost scored 30 goals despite his head coach putting a #7 defence man ahead of him on the LW depth charts.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Eugene will be spending more than he's comfortable with for the next couple of years. It's not that they didn't have the money, it's that the owner realizes he can't over reach a certain budget for a long period of time.

Don't be naive, this is a small market team that has to make tough choices when it comes to spending money. This was the right choice though and I'm glad the sens didn't have to lose a really solid goal scorer because of shallow pockets.

I'm not a fan of the team but I really hope they get this arena downtown all figured out sooner than later. It would be nice to see a really competitive Ottawa team in the league again.

They have to make wise choices and not overspend on fringe players. He;s never shied away from paying a player - ever. He's got a bad image because he's a bit of an AH, but this shows that he's committed to retaining all of our quality players. I'm happy. He said he's spend more when he sees that we're competitive and I think the time's a comin'.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wow, great deal. Hoffman could be one of the premier goal-scorers in the league - he's already a good ways up there.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
They have to make wise choices and not overspend on fringe players. He;s never shied away from paying a player - ever. He's got a bad image because he's a bit of an AH, but this shows that he's committed to retaining all of our quality players. I'm happy. He said he's spend more when he sees that we're competitive and I think the time's a comin'.

Yeah...first it was Eugene won't spend the money. Now the narrative is that he's "overspending" and won't do it for long. Sure maybe he's cheap, but the Sens are being very careful with how they spend their dollars. I don't see what's wrong with that.

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB

Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza all left because either he wasn't willing to either pay them what they were worth or he'd shipped off one of the others because of this and left them with less and less options.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Alfie.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza all left because either he wasn't willing to either pay them what they were worth or he'd shipped off one of the others because of this and left them with less and less options.

Huh? Alfredsson was a stupid, one of a kind situation. Spezza wanted a change, we needed a change, we offered him a contract (no one can figure out why), he declined, we traded him. Heatley demanded a trade even though he had term left.

What are you talking about?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Good deal, $5.5M would have been my comfort ceiling.

Now let's see if he can score goals past the month of March.

Top six looking ok, if Mac can keep his brain from bouncing around his skull:

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan

I'm more than satisfied with that.

Last edited:

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

You know how I know you have no idea what you're talking about?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

Yep, I've always said that the Euge is his own worst enemy sometimes with his public statements and appearances. Heck, I've even hopped on the inaccurate cheapness narrative bandwagon from time to time. He isn't raining tenners like the original 6 markets, but he's given a new contract to every homegrown core piece that needs to be paid.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

I would like to trade this opinion for Ryder + Halak + 2nd

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

There isn't an ounce of truth in any of that. Each of those situations was unique.

Alfredsson's situation got messed up rather badly however he and Melnyk have obviously reconciled their differences given he works for the franchise.

Spezza wanted a change of scenery and was granted a trade at his request

Heatley - there are lots of rumours surrounding what transpired here and I am not going to get in to any of them - Heatley demanded out, he got what he wanted, and in hindsight it worked out well for the team.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yep, I've always said that the Euge is his own worst enemy sometimes with his public statements and appearances. Heck, I've even hopped on the inaccurate cheapness narrative bandwagon from time to time. He isn't raining tenners like the original 6 markets, but he's given a new contract to every homegrown core piece that needs to be paid.

:laugh:It's true, we've all hopped on the bandwagon because he can be such a pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad