Confirmed Trade: [OTT/EDM] Xavier Bourgault and Jake Chiasson for Roby Jarventie and 2025 4th round pick

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
That's a weird one. It's rare we see pure prospect swaps.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Interesting trade. Jarventie looks like he's progressing better than Bourgault is and Chiasson gets dealt for a do-over 4th round pick.

I think Edmonton is trying to make sure that if Savoie doesn't make the team he's got weapons to work with in Bakersfield.

Is Jarventie or Bourgault the superior prospect at this point?
Jarventie by a good bit. Bourgault doesn't look anything resembling a first rounder at this point.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Staois and company putting their stamp on Belleville as well as Ottawa.

Jarventie was starting to put it together in Belleville but still seems like a longshot to make a dent at the NHL level so the Sens take a chance on a couple of guys with slightly longer waiver eligible timelines. Jackson must see something in Jarventie but he'll have to overcome injuries.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One knock on Bourgault has been he has been able to get use to big city life, going to Belleville might help get him back on track if he doesn't have to worry about the big city life part of it.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Definitely one of the moves of all time

That Bourgault pick never made much sense to me.
Bourgault was ranked in that range and was one of the few who had a decent sample size that year and years prior, due to the Q playing and he being a late birthday (thus the extra year of junior). I tend to give most scouting staffs some slack for the 2021 COVID Draft

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
One knock on Bourgault has been he has been able to get use to big city life, going to Belleville might help get him back on track if he doesn't have to worry about the big city life part of it.
Even if he makes the Sens, he won't exactly be playing in a big market.

Ad

Ad

Ad