Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
if ullmark doesn't want to re-sign the sens could flip him at the deadline assuming he doesn't completely fall off the earth. it's almost impossible to hate this move for ottawa.

the only way they could mess this up is by giving ullmark a dumb contract.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He most likely has better options than Ottawa. Players don´t exactly want to stay there.
If you go with the assumption that any team with a goalie making $4.5 mill or higher can’t move off their guy in 25/26, how many options does Ullmark truly have?

We all expect Shesh to extend with NyR.

You may have teams like Cal and SJ who can add an expensive goalie. But probably rebuilding for 2-3 more seasons after this upcoming one.

Plus if given the chance to sign a long term deal most players take it. Get the security.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
korpisalo has never been on a good team except maybe l.a. it'll be interesting to see what he can do on a team like boston. he's shown flashes of incredible play like singlehandedly handling the leafs in the playoffs.
To be fair, plenty of people have that on their resume when facing the Leafs

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hardly earth shattering return and from Ottawa’s perspective, a lot of nothing. But I’ll still laugh my ass off when Ullmark bolts the first chance he gets and they have nothing to show for it like with Debrincat.
They got rid of Korpisalo, that alone is worth a 1st+

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I will say Kastelic has a little bit of upside to be a the kind of fourth line and a longshot at the third line center every team wants. He's a big guy that can play physical and fight, but his physical play is very inconsistent. He's amazing in the dots and has good enough hands to play with the puck. He struggles skating in every direction except forward where he can be deceptively fast, but he'll never look quick. He might never get the physical and defensive side of the game consistent enough to be more than a cup of coffee player, but he has potential. Korpisalo can bounce back and not look too bad with Boston. At 3 million I wouldn't be surprised to see him be solid enough to earn that.

I still think we got a very good deal for Ullmark. Hoping for a reasonable extension!

Reactions: BronxBruin

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
if ullmark doesn't want to re-sign the sens could flip him at the deadline assuming he doesn't completely fall off the earth. it's almost impossible to hate this move for ottawa.

the only way they could mess this up is by giving ullmark a dumb contract.
How would that in any way be a good outcome though

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not sure where this idea that goalies are worth a ton came from. As soon as I saw the Markstrom return I knew it was excellent. Hell, this trade is probably still in the decent category.

You got a first for a goalie that you may not even miss.

Reactions: The don godfather

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
this is utter disrespect to the 2 teams competeing for hockey's PRIZE tonite

wow
Maybe if these losers could have wrapped up their precious stupid Stanley Cup Final before the dying days of June...

:laugh:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Strange deal from the Bruins.

I'll be curious to see how Ullmark looks outside the Boston system.

Ottawa is where goalies die.
Nah, Ottawa is where dead goalies go. One exception being Talbot, who stated that he had the worst injury issues in his career by far in his year in Ottawa

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He played in Buffalo for years and put up decent numbers.
He never took that next step in Buffalo. That’s why he isnt still there. I actually think he’ll be just fine, but that is, and has been the concern. How much better will the results be over Korpisalo? We’ll see. Who’s numbers are gonna skyrocket in Boston btw. All goalies do playing in that system, and he’s perfect to play it.

Swayman just showed he could make those saves when they needed them most, where Ullmark didn’t. That was the difference and why he’s the one leaving town. Both piled up stats because of the system though. Just like the Vegas goalies do.

So until he proves he can do it, the questions will remain. Like I said, I think he can, and I also think it’s a great trade for the Sens, on the surface. Boston just had the quick hook, cause they had Swayman.

The results in Ottawa are what will matter and how the trade will ultimately be judged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad