Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
$3 mill is still a lot for a backup goalie when you have a clear #1. Odd trade, especially in division as well.

For the teams that didn't ante up better than this, why not?

Reactions: Morrison

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Man oh man, Markstrom got more than Ullmark. And Ullmark is way way better.
No he's not. He played in front of a team that's good defensively. You'll see he's a good 1A this season, but not a true starter. Markstrom is a legit starter. Ottawa got a better goalie, but he'll be in the .900s in Ottawa instead of .920s. Ottawa fans think Pinto is a shutdown center. I think Staios knows better though and will try to address it.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Sens literally dumped $3m in cap space for late 1st. In return, they got back a starting goaltender.
That late first will be a reach anyway.
Yeah, the moron strikes again.
What a stupid trade and waste of assets.

Reactions: Duck Off

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The goalie market is always shit for the seller, why does this surprise people every time a goalie trade goes down?
That is one of the few market inefficiencies left in the NHL. The other is drafting Russians. Just gotta hope your team is smart enough to exploit it. The small forward inefficiency has been gone for a few years now. Tampa built a multiple cup winner with it.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Korp at 3 million is basically the Murphy deal.

So Ottawa upped the likely 2nd round return and made it a first to get Boston to take on korp.

Korp will be much better playing 30 games and a defensively stronger team
I wonder if Boston could find someone interested in Korp @ $2 million?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Boston must feel that they can rebuild Korpisalo to a level similar to where Ullmark is at.

They get their first back and a potential playoff style bottom 6 centre that can win face offs.

On the surface Ottawa wins, but there is hope for Boston here.

Korpisalo behind Boston’s D is a capable backup. And Boston got a 1st.

Ullmark behind Ottawa’s D is probably with a higher salary.

I see this as a win for Boston.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
wouldnt at all shock me if korpi says in boston and puts up better sv% than ullmark does in ottawa.
I'd say it's almost a certainty. Korpisalo was just fine with Torts in Columbus. He's not a high danger goalie. He's a system goalie. Ullmark is too.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I guess they think Bob Essensa can fix Korpisalo. This Bruins fan is dumb founded.

Korpisalo will be good for Boston. He impressed me way more in his career before playing on Ottawa. That team can’t defend. The bruins can.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I wonder if Boston could find someone interested in Korp @ $2 million?
Im sure they could. If someone was interested in Freddie for a season, I would be okay with the canes getting him. He wasn’t as bad as his numbers suggest

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
its an old school unwritten rule- gms are showing their true colors and trying to upstage the CHAMPS

they did when Bryan Murray was in charge

gotta wait for the cup to be lifted- its an old school unwritten rule- gms are showing their true colors and trying to upstage the CHAMPS
For a poster named Satan, you sure have a lot of feelings

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Peter Chiarelli must be Don Sweeney's trade advisor.
The only trade that I think is worse than this is the Rick Nash trade, and worse than that is the Tyler Seguin trade.

Reactions: Morrison

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Very possible, but analytically Boston wasn’t very good defensively last season. Their 5 on 5 expected goals against was worse than Ottawa’s FWIW.
I checked it up because I was certain you were wrong. Turns out you're correct. That's crazy, I had a totally different read on it watching the teams play, but numbers don't lie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad