Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
yep - alot of front offices are probly shaking their heads at this move. imagine if boston was in this position, they wouldnt wanna be upstaged (cant say the same thing about OTTAWA, theyre in endless feedback loop rebuilding (i.e., very hard to imagine them ever being in the cup finals rite now)
A. The league put teams in this spot having game 7 this late

B. Its not upstaging game 7 where the best player is in with possibly the biggest collapse of all time

C. Unwritten rules change

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Yeah I personally think Korpisalo is ass and don't understand what Boston sees in him, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that they can get a good performance out of him like they've gotten good performances out of so many other goalies in the past. The term is the part that really sucks, but the $3 million AAV isn't all that bad for a 1B goalie.

Before Ullmark played for Buffalo, he had a career 3.1 GSAA, he was basically the definition of an average goalie. On Boston? He had a 72.8 GSAA in just 13 more games played.
I'm weary of goalies who weren't very good going to good defensive teams and doing well.
Ottawa sucks defensively, from the forwards down. This has pumpkin potential written all over it. Let's not forget for some reason the sens seem to be cursed, nothing ever seems to work out for them and unless TG has drastically changed his style, Linus gonna be seeing a ton of high danger shots.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I like the korpisalo acquisition for Boston: he seems like the sort of goalie that would fit into their system and perform well.

3M a year for an okay back-up is pretty good, although the term is a bit long.

Reactions: OmniSens

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There are only 8 goalies making $6 million or more right now and I believe only Vasilevskiy and Gibson signed that deal as a RFA.

I can see him matching the Binnington deal (7 years at $6 million AAV) but I don't realistically see him going much above that, if at all.

Look at the goalies who have been signed recently

Jarry
Campbell
Kuemper
Grubauer
Merzlikins

They all got 5-6 in a flat cap. He’s better than all of them. He will get 6+ easy

Reactions: Voight and Morrison

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Even with retention that's a pretty brutal deal for Boston. I almost would've rather let Ullmark walk instead

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm weary of goalies who weren't very good going to good defensive teams and doing well.
Ottawa sucks defensively, from the forwards down. This has pumpkin potential written all over it. Let's not forget for some reason the sens seem to be cursed, nothing ever seems to work out for them and unless TG has drastically changed his style, Linus gonna be seeing a ton of high danger shots.
Ullmark had developed nicely in Buffalo and the eyetest was showing he'd become a very steady goalie, obviously the system hurt him, but still put up .915 & .917 seasons getting shelled. I don't think he'll be a pumpkin.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Great trade for Ottawa. Get a legit starter & get out of most the Korpi deal for the 25th pick on Friday? What a move.

Don't love the value for Boston, I guess they're banking on Korpi becoming an asset. I do think he's talented & could be good for them, but its risky.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad