Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
3m per for that long is alot for a backup. Sway is gonna want some good money. You're looking at about 12m between the two of them.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The goalie market is always shit for the seller, why does this surprise people every time a goalie trade goes down?

Reactions: Morrison

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Look at the goalies who have been signed recently

Jarry
Campbell
Kuemper
Grubauer
Merzlikins

They all got 5-6 in a flat cap. He’s better than all of them. He will get 6+ easy

Grubauer signed when he was coming off of 3 years with a .918 save%, including finishing 3rd in Vezina voting in 2020-2021. His 3 years before signing with Seattle were extremely comparable to Swayman's last 3 years with Boston.

Grubauer's contract seems like a good comparison for Swayman, even with Grubauer turning into ass after signing with Seattle.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Because Korpisalo doesn't fit on that Bruins team.
Bussi and DiPietro have like 1 game of experience between them. At his retained rate, Korpisalo is being paid like a high end backup. Swayman has never started more than 45 games in a season.

How does he not fit?

I see a lot of wishcasting that Korpisalo gets moved on simply because people don’t like him but his experience level does seem to fit the gig that is open now that Ullmark is gone.

Seems like Sweeney wanted him at this retained rate to be a long term plug for the backup role behind Sway.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A small market Canadian team may be the Cup champion in 3 hours and a recent Vezina winner just said f-you to big American markets and would only waive his NTC for a small market Canadian team.

Happy Canada Day!
Well Ullmark is Swedish and many Swedes have said they prefer traditional markets more, notably Elias Lindholm and Mattias Ekholm.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Even with retention that's a pretty brutal deal for Boston. I almost would've rather let Ullmark walk instead
There are only 3 picks in this year's draft for the Bruins, and not until the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. Now they have the 25th pick. Maybe they rotate 3 goalies, Bussi shows well, and another team may want him. He has been very good in college and last year in the AHL.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
3m per for that long is alot for a backup. Sway is gonna want some good money. You're looking at about 12m between the two of them.
Wait. You think Swayman is getting $9 million AAV?

Swayman is awesome but again - he’s been a 40-45 starts a year guy, not a 55-60 starts a year guy.

It makes total sense that Sweeney wanted a backup at a reasonable price that has logged starting minutes.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Don't get me wrong, Ottawa caught a break here. That being said, I fully expect Korpisalo to bounce back in Boston and have good numbers.

Since Anderson, Ottawa's been a goalie graveyard. Let's hope Ullmark stops that trend.
Ottawa has been a goalie graveyeard in the sense that every goalie we’ve brought in is a corpse. Ullmark is not

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Maybe Boston values Kastelic like Tampa values Jeannot lol.

I have no idea how, but Boston will somehow make this look like a win-win. They always manage to surprise me.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
3m per for that long is alot for a backup. Sway is gonna want some good money.
Wait. You think Swayman is getting $9 million AAV?

Swayman is awesome but again - he’s been a 40-45 starts a year guy, not a 55-60 starts a year guy.

It makes total sense that Sweeney wanted a backup at a reasonable price that has logged starting minutes.
You also had him platooning with a Vezina trophy winner. Even if I'm coming in above, you're at least at 10-10.5, no? He was one of the very best G in the playoffs. If the B's don't want to pay him, I think someone will give him 8 and change very quickly.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Grubauer signed when he was coming off of 3 years with a .918 save%, including finishing 3rd in Vezina voting in 2020-2021. His 3 years before signing with Seattle were extremely comparable to Swayman's last 3 years with Boston.

Grubauer's contract seems like a good comparison for Swayman, even with Grubauer turning into ass after signing with Seattle.

Ya and he go 5.9 million in a flat cap. Swayman gets 6-6.5 minimum

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Maybe Boston values Kastelic like Tampa values Jeannot lol.

I have no idea how, but Boston will somehow make this look like a win-win. They always manage to surprise me.
Oh you know exactly how it will happen. Goalies are gonna goalie which means Korpisalo is gonna suddenly put up Ullmark like numbys in Boston.

Korpisalo was a deep fried turd sandwich last year but he’s athletically talented and has put up some streaks of great play at points in his past. Don’t laugh at the thought of him suddenly looking much better starting 30-35 games behind that B’s defense.

Reactions: zoA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad