Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Are Bruins doing some 4D chess move where they will also trade Swayman instead of paying him 8M per year on a long deal? And they think Korpisalo and someone else can be decent under a team with a solid defensive structure like their?

• Wow
Reactions: Morrison and Rydan

Mallow

Jun 2, 2010
Maine
Going to miss the goalie hugs. Still not happy the Bruins didn't move Ullmark coming off his Vezina win when his value would be at its peak.

Hopefully the Bruins flip Korpisalo for something useful, because I'd rather see Bussi get a shot at the backup gig.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Are Bruins doing some 4D chess move where they will also trade Swayman instead of paying him 8M per year on a long deal? And they think Korpisalo and someone else can be decent under a team with a solid defensive structure like their?

I don't think Swayman gets that kind of money. I figure he comes in around that $5.5 million range and they just pay $8.5 million or so between Swayman and Korpisalo.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Should of had to pay a 1st for just getting rid of Korpisalo. He was one of the worsts goalies i've ever seen play in a Sens uniform.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Korpisalo sheltered behind Swayman will do better than being a starter in Ottawa, especially if playing with a team that is able to play defense.

Still a very good move for the Sens. Could be huge if Green is able to implement a good defense-system.
That being said, the Senators have found ways to make any goalie look terrible for years now. Have to turn it around. But I'm happy with the trade.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If Bussi has to go through waivers, he’s gonna get claimed so that’s another element of this deal.

It appears the Bruins actually like Korpisalo to platoon with Swayman. I see a lot of “well the B’s can just flip Korpisalo.” I don’t think that’s gonna happen. I think Sweeney wanted another experienced goalie with “starting pedigree” to pair with Swayman.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Maybe one day, certain fans on here will stop seeing trade values on a video game, thinking it’s real life. Exactly what some said it would likely be. A little surprised they didn’t even get the 1st next year instead, but same value with Korpisalo included.

The worst part for the Sens could be, now we get to see Ullmark play outside that Boston/Vegas system. The shots aren’t mostly coming from the outside anymore. He’ll now have to prove that he’s more than a system goalie now. That’s been the concern.

Reactions: Kurtz

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Staios is meeting with Ullmark’s agent in Vegas.

Boston will either buyout Korpisalo or flip him with a little retention I imagine.

Reactions: Fatass

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe one day, certain fans on here will stop seeing trade values on a video game, thinking it’s real life. Exactly what some said it would likely be. A little surprised they didn’t even get the 1st next year instead, but same value with Korpisalo included.

The worst part for the Sens could be, now we get to see Ullmark play outside that Boston/Vegas system. The shots aren’t mostly coming from the outside anymore. He’ll now have to prove that he’s more than a system goalie now. That’s been the concern.

He played in Buffalo for years and put up decent numbers.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If Bussi has to go through waivers, he’s gonna get claimed so that’s another element of this deal.

It appears the Bruins actually like Korpisalo to platoon with Swayman. I see a lot of “well the B’s can just flip Korpisalo.” I don’t think that’s gonna happen. I think Sweeney wanted another experienced goalie with “starting pedigree” to pair with Swayman.
Bussi's on a 1 year 2 way

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Pretty much a second, and ate 75% of Korpisalo’s contract. It’s a good deal, if Sens extend Ullmark it’s a steal.
This is my pet peeve. People need to stop saying 'pretty much a second.' this is a good deal still with a later first.

Reactions: gach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad