Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You have to think Bruins see Korpisalo at 3M as an asset? Still a bit much to spend on a backup if they give Swayman what he wants.
If he was actually good it wouldn't be bad, but the guy has legit been consistently the worst goalie in the league (arguably) since he came into the league.

Literally 2 good seasons (First one was his rookie year, which will be 9 seasons ago) and one average/slightly above average season and everything else was been horrible.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
great trade for ottawa. im guessing ullmark flexed the ntc otherwise i think more teams would have bested that offer.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I think it's a solid deal for Ottawa, the 1st is a late pick and getting out of the most of Korpisalo's contract is pretty good for them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If he was actually good it wouldn't be bad, but the guy has legit been consistently the worst goalie in the league (arguably) since he came into the league.

Literally 2 good seasons (First one was his rookie year, which will be 9 seasons ago) and one average/slightly above average season and everything else was been horrible.

Yeah I personally think Korpisalo is ass and don't understand what Boston sees in him, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that they can get a good performance out of him like they've gotten good performances out of so many other goalies in the past. The term is the part that really sucks, but the $3 million AAV isn't all that bad for a 1B goalie.

Before Ullmark played for Buffalo, he had a career 3.1 GSAA, he was basically the definition of an average goalie. On Boston? He had a 72.8 GSAA in just 13 more games played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad