Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Canucks’ management are idiots.
What a weird comment.
1st off we needed an RHD and the Sens potentially gave up a Matvei, Benson type pick if there pick lands at 6. The isles pick is most likely in the late teens this season or next, not comparable at all.
Nevermind the fact they play in the same conference, which might be why he isn't a king or oiler if the ask was higher in conference.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Another overrated Coyote traded.

Wonder who’s going to be the most disappointed at the end of this:

Colorado with Kuemper
Montreal with Dvorak
Ottawa with Chychrun
Vancouver with OEL

Has a hyped up Coyote ever played better on another team? Their stats look better in Arizona because they get every single opportunity. On a good team, that doesn’t happen.
Antoine Vermette helped Chicago win a Cup back in 2015.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I really like Ottawa's squad on paper. Could be a good team next season

It's the same team but with Josh Norris down the middle. That's very, very good on paper.

I would honestly take the Sens roster over any team in the west going forward. The only teams that are more deep with talented players are all in the East.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Be honest RT, some of your "higher expectations" posts were much higher than that and you're hardly the only one. I was the one who said a protected 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd/prospect and I was f***ing dead-on. I'm taking my time to gloat.
Gloat. 100%.

I’ve made 6,217 posts about this. It will be easy to find 50 bad ones or 50 good ones.

I definitely didn’t understand until today how bad the finances have gotten.

Reactions: TS Quint

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It's the same team but with Josh Norris down the middle. That's very, very good on paper.

I would honestly take the Sens roster over any team in the west going forward. The only teams that are more deep with talented players are all in the East.

We hear this every season but the Sens can never make the playoffs.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? Eerily similar.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You don't win Cups by trading all of your picks for trading for pretty good guys just entering their prime (like Ottawa), that's how you get a nice shiny 2nd round exit ceiling. You win it by drafting Hall of Fame talent at the very top of the draft and having a bunch of other picks to support those guys. That's the model every Stanley Cup winner follows in the salary cap era.

Have you been under a rock for the last 5 years? Ottawa has drafted and developed plenty of talent and locked them up to long term deals.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What a weird comment.
1st off we needed an RHD and the Sens potentially gave up a Matvei, Benson type pick if there pick lands at 6. The isles pick is most likely in the late teens this season or next, not comparable at all.
Nevermind the fact they play in the same conference, which might be why he isn't a king or oiler if the ask was higher in conference.
Ottawa has 4 games in hand on the Islanders. I just watched Hronek get run out of the building. Wouldn't take him for a 2nd. He ain't close to Chychrun.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why? You're just reaching and reaching. You said he will want a max contract. 15 million. Lol. Pure outrageous speculation to try and justify your brutal position on this.
I didn't say $15 million, max meaning 8 years at a large cap hit....

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Delusional take, but it’s your day. Have the W.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Dorian Jedi mind tricking Zona’s GM. Wow that’s bad for a 24/25 year old top pairing D under contract for this playoff run and two more for 4.6 million. Craz.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Have you been under a rock for the last 5 years? Ottawa has drafted and developed plenty of talent and locked them up to long term deals.
Yes, I'm aware, but they're running out of time before the cap comes to roost and they have yet to transcend to a Playoff team let alone a Stanley Cup contending team. Maybe Chychrun is the missing piece, should be fun to watch at least next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad