Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Man, great trade for Ottawa. Our system will really miss the picks, and if both he & Debrincat walk without us recouping a lot of that we are f***ed, but once again we have added a player who I thought would be prohibitively expensive for a price that I am very willing to pay.

Wow!

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Good deal for both sides.

Sens picks are a lot more valuable than all of the legit contenders who were putting in offers. This trade was worth the hold out for Armstrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
You had the Oilers desperate to improve their D and in the palm of your hand and you held out for this ****.
The only conclusion is that the Oilers needed to send salary in return and Arizona refused.

Reactions: PuckG

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He played 63/70 in 2019-20 and 56/56 in 2020-21. That's 119/126 over two seasons.
What's so good about Jakob? I don't watch Coyote games but at 24 he has never played a full season.. are we just imagining that he will one day play ... 70? Games.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
If the Yotes draft a guy like Yager with the pick I think peoples tone will change. Also Chych has had injury issues his whole career, which def affected his trade stock.

Nagatoarek

Apr 18, 2022
Sweden
The part on the doll where Arizona hurt me is:

- Constant losses bring down hockey related revenue
- Zero interest in growing the game or promoting it in the south
- Useless ownership for the league/NHL
- Pointless in being in the NHL when that franchise slot could be used for a market that will actually grow the game and grow the cap
I'm going to stop reading after zero interest in growing the game. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.
Take a look at what they've been doing in the community in Arizona. I'm not even in the country and it's been easy to see. Educate yourself.

Reactions: Shane Diesel

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Be honest RT, some of your "higher expectations" posts were much higher than that and you're hardly the only one. I was the one who said a protected 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd/prospect and I was f***ing dead-on. I'm taking my time to gloat.
It’s a hard pill for RT to swallow.

His ridiculous value of Chychrun the last little bit has been absolutely out to lunch

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The hyperbole is crazy. A 1st from a non-playoff team in a stacked draft and two 2nds, it's a solid return for a guy that's not going to the Hockey Hall of Fame, it's a bit underwhelming but it's not "literally nothing".

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
Did you expect them to push all in next season? This player didn't fit the timeline. Eventually they will hit on some picks, be in a brand new state of the art Tempe arena with players eager to play in a cool city that is very warm in the winter and they may even have a Cup within the next ten years. The NHL is very cyclical. All the top teams right now were terrible not that long ago (except Boston who has not rebuilt in forever) and built up their team with very high draft selections.
It's been 10 years, unless we want to debate them backing into the playoffs via the covid qualifying round. You don't win the Stanley Cup by hoping the stars align. Even hitting on a couple of picks doesn't fill out a 23-man roster.

At some point, if they aren't going to ice a roster due to financial reasons, the NHL needs to cut bait. Just my opinion. I'll leave this thread and let people discuss the trade.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wow far less than what some of the rumored asks were from other teams. OTT should send thank you baskets to all the teams that went elsewhere for their d-men lol

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Ottawa paid a very reasonable price, although there is an element of risk with Chychrun's durability issues. He has missed significant time throughout his career already and he's only 24. If he can stay healthy, it'll be a steal.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad