Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
That 2023 1st has good chances at being worth more than this entire package Tampa sent to Nashville.

What Arizona got is not that much under what the expectations were going to be. An early-mid 2023 1st > a late 2023 1st and a late 2024 1st, had he gone to a strong team.
Yup, ask yourself what it would take for Tampa’s pick (28-32) to be moved up into the 15.

It’s a lot more than people think.

Reactions: Jojalu

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bad trade but maybe the value just wasn't there. He was scratched for that long

BTW Seravelli says the Oilers were going to give even more for Chychrun than they did for Ekholm but Arizona didn't want to take any salary back. Like wth? Nashville took Barrie but they will get even more assets to flip him this year or next

Edit: sorry had the wrong vid at first

Last edited:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
What's so good about Jakob? I don't watch Coyote games but at 24 he has never played a full season.. are we just imagining that he will one day play ... 70? Games.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This isn't bullying a fanbase because their team lost a trade, it is replying to the collective actions of a fanbase on HFBoards after two years of bullshit. Feel bad for them if you want, but I'm confident their actions will eventually dissuade you from pity.
There were times I had higher expectations (just before the last injury) and times I had lower expectations (just after the last injury) but my most common expectation was the equivalent of two picks around 25th and one pick around 55th.

Last draft AZ traded 27th, 34th, and 45th overall picks for the 11th pick.

If this Ottawa pick ends up being say 13th overall, how far off is it? Seems pretty close.

But at the end of the day, it seems like the team has just plain run out of money and their inability to take back any cash at all has really handcuffed them.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
No offense to the fans and all, but what's the point of Arizona?
It increases the league's footprint into a large U.S. Media Market. It makes the league money on television deals even as the franchise itself loses money based on operating revenue/expenses. It's not like Gary Bettman's personal project. If the other 31 owners wanted Arizona to relocate, they would have relocated. Gary works for those owners and serves at their pleasure, as it is the franchises collectively that own the NHL. The other owners want Arizona to stay put, and that's why they remain and aren't going anywhere (period).

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
What's so good about Jakob? I don't watch Coyote games but at 24 he has never played a full season.. are we just imagining that he will one day play ... 70? Games.
I imagine we are banking on him having a lighter work load in Ottawa helping his injury issues.

Josh Norris has never played over 70 games at 23 years old and we sure as f*** aren’t trading him for a first and two seconds.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Does this put the Red Wings and Sabres "ceiling" in their division at 5th place next year? Boston, Toronto, Tampa and Ottawa should all be pretty good...

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Bad trade but maybe the value just wasn't there. He was scratched for that long

BTW Seravelli says the Oilers were going to give even more for Chychrun than they did for Ekholm but Arizona didn't want to take any salary back. Like wth? Nashville took Barrie but they will get even more assets to flip him this year or next.
It seems like a tailspin from years of negligence.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I’m a lot bigger than you.

And fine. We’ll see where the pick lands. I’m a lot less worried about this return than the implications about ownership and funding.
what ever you think

What did you say the return from JC was gonna be again?

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Glad Dorion took advantage of the situation, but what a horrendous organization in Arizona, absolute joke. You weren’t willing to take on a $3mil contract when you’re at the salary floor to get a better return? On a player you’ve been shopping this long?

Why would fans think the org is interested in building a winning team?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
There were times I had higher expectations (just before the last injury) and times I had lower expectations (just after the last injury) but my most common expectation was the equivalent of two picks around 25th and one pick around 55th.

Last draft AZ traded 27th, 34th, and 45th overall picks for the 11th pick.

If this Ottawa pick ends up being say 13th overall, how far off is it? Seems pretty close.

But at the end of the day, it seems like the team has just plain run out of money and their inability to take back any cash at all has really handcuffed them.
Be honest RT, some of your "higher expectations" posts were much higher than that and you're hardly the only one. I was the one who said a protected 1st, a 2nd and a 2nd/prospect and I was f***ing dead-on. I'm taking my time to gloat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad