Confirmed Trade: [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Meh. At one point I was expecting a couple of Boston 1sts. This is better than that.

I’ve been pretty consistent in my expectation that we’d get a couple of late 20s picks and a late 50s pick, or their abouts.

This could end up worse or it could end up better.
You've been more than responsible though all of the Chyrchrun discussions.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In every single way.

If they are on different pairs, Chabot’s minutes will go down.

If they are on the same pair, his 28 minute nights have gotten a lot easier.

Also, between Sanderson, Zub and Chychrun we can create a pair without Chabot to send out against players like McDavid.

This is what I was thinking when I first heard of the trade. My first thoughts were: Great value, perfect fit and salary, and that it will likely make Chabot better.

DIdn't want to affirm it as I don't watch the Senators every night, so don't have intimate knowledge of the team. However, it's good to know it's the case. It'll be very interesting watching what Ottawa does down the stretch. They're doing what the Leafs should've done after 2017 when it was clear the team was ready to compete - yet they wasted years of Matthews just to draft average to bad players in the first.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ottawa: has gotten Debrincat and Chychrun for 2 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and a third rounder

Tanner Jeannot: fetched a former first round pick, a first rounder, a second rounder, a third rounder, and a fourth rounder

Make it make sense lol

Easy.

The 1st rounds the Sens gave up were 7th OVR, currently one that is 13th OVR and you're missing a potential 1st in 2024, while the 1st the Lightning gave up is protected and in 2025.

Jeannot trade was stupid but let's not pretend those picks are equal.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
1677713571180.png

Arizona really rebuilding way into the future here, that conditional 20214 1st round pick could be a stud.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Dorian has been killing it this year on the big moves. Team is still outside looking in but he has made astute trades.
On paper the trades he has made should not have Ottawa on the outside looking in. So in reality were they really that good when all is said and done if they don't make the playoffs???

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
how come every time there is a trade people always gotta try and bully the so-called trade "loser" fanbase

"LMAO REMEMBER HOW YOU WANTED ONE THING AND THEN YOUR TEAM DIDN'T GET THAT, LMAO LMAO LMAO, U SHOULD BE ASHAMED! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! NOW COME IN AND ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT"

It's very odd, people aren't even like this when teams get knocked out in the playoffs.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
That’s it? That’s all they got after all the hoopla? Hell Edmonton have up more for Ekholm. Gotta think Arizona overplayed their hand, and then had to take less when their biggest suitors pivoted elsewhere.
Nah. Edmonton got the better player and gave up similar money out. In this trade no money went to Pheonix, big difference for basically every playoff team.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Bad trade by BA. Should have held out for another guaranteed 1st. Arizona better hope that Ottawa starts to lose here down the stretch.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Oh nice!

It’s not two late 1sts and a late 2nd as I imagined.

It’s an early-mid 1st and a two later 2nds.

That’s alright with me.

Glad it’s done.

I am sure u are crying now actually.. U always wanted more for him this is a shitty return sorry

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Except they’re all protected lol.
Should of read the link you attached.

I never claimed they weren't. I said a chance, and tbh, I didn't realize the Sens had climbed as much as they had in the last few weeks. Seems like a stretch.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
They hated the idea of spending the money the rest of the league gives them in order to get more assets back. That's nice of them, honestly.
Chychrun has 3 years in his contract, including this season. If Arizona retains they lose a retention spot for all of those years. They could play middleman on three rentals and get three assets literally for free. Maybe they value that more than the difference between a second and a low first.

Reactions: oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad